Macbook ASIO driver issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Macbook ASIO driver issue

I can seem to get my mixdeck working in traktor pro or in VDJ. It comes down to an ASIO driver issue from what i have researched. I have downloaded an ASIO driver, but i have no idea how to get it recognized by OSX. anybody have any ideas how to get this to work? thanks.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

ASIO is an emulation of OSX' native Core Audio. This translates to: you don't need ASIO.

Tech Wizard

i still cant figure out why traktor or VDJ wont recognize my mixdeck anymore. The numark USB audio software says its connected, yet it wont work in either program.

Well well padi, you old mac-fanboy...

Although Core Audio is better, you can't really say Asio is a ripoff that tries to emulate it. It's been around longer than Core Audio. I always understood Asio is just a way of bypassing that damn directx layer in Windows.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    Well well padi, you old mac-fanboy...

Although Core Audio is better, you can't really say Asio is a ripoff that tries to emulate it. It's been around longer than Core Audio. I always understood Asio is just a way of bypassing that damn directx layer in Windows.
    I thought it came before but I might be wrong, never really looked for it (I'm not that of an old fanboy, switched a little over a year ago)

Let me rephrase then, ASIO is the Core Audio equivalent for PCs.

recently converted mac-fanboys are the worst

I'm just being ignorant and keep my windows lappie alive. powerrrr!
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Quote Originally Posted by Michielygil View Post
    recently converted mac-fanboys are the worst

I'm just being ignorant and keep my windows lappie alive. powerrrr!
    Lol, I did that too, my last acer lappy was on duty quite longer than it should.

@OT: Did you do anything on your system before it stopped recognizing it? Did you try updating it's drivers? (not to ASIO) Does it fail to see both MIDI and Audio?

Edit: You are right, Steinberg's ASIO was released on 1998 (ASIO4All in 2004) and CA with Panther on 2003.
    Last edited by padi_04; 06-22-2011 at 10:45 AM.

how the hell did you install an ASIO driver on OS X? Aren't the install files .exes? Like…what?

Thats what i was thinking!

LOL
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

i just downloaded the driver, i was asking how to go about getting OSX to recognize it.

I think i may have narrowed down the problem further. I used my wife's macbook pro and installed traktor on that and everything works perfectly on hers. So i started to look around on all the settings within the macbook. It looks as if in the Audio MIDI Setup application, its not recognizing the mixdck there, but it is on the wifes macbook. i tried to add it, but it wont let me select anything. any ideas on that one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast