OT: Stained/Finished Concrete

Default OT: Stained/Finished Concrete

Sup gang? I haven't been around recently. The state is burning and keeping me busy. I am also signing the final paper work on my first home today, so I am super stoked. I plan on ripping out the carpet and staining/finishing/dying the concrete slab. Has anyone ever done this? I have found plenty of info on the google, but wanted some insight.

Thanks.
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial

Tech Guru

The stain is actually caused my a chemical reaction with the concrete. Several variables can add to the color. Since there is carpet on the slab, it may be glued down. Make sure you prepare the surface before staining it.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

a buddy of mine actually does this kind of stuff, in fact he wont shut up about it usually :P should look nice when its done, but im not sure what kind of info you are looking for specifically

Note that this will make the room sound terrible if you were planning to stick some speakers in there.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Thanks guys for chiming in.

While I haven't pulled the carpet yet, it seems there is a pad beneath it. I have read up on preparing the surface and cleaning any type of contamination.

I have thought about the echo affect of the concrete floor in the music room and will resolve it with rugs. Plus, you can't have a studio without worn rugs.

I guess I am wondering whether to stain or dye it. I am fine with a more rustic look, so I do not think I need to buff the concrete surface. My work has a very smooth, buffed concrete floor and it is just to finished/classy for my taste. I have seen people just spray the stain with a hand pump and brush it on. That may be too rustic.
    PC | TSP2 | A8 | S4 | X1 | T1200MK2

Beat Gridding Tutorial