CD and Vinyl Control Simultaneously in Traktor?
    Tech Convert

Default CD and Vinyl Control Simultaneously in Traktor?

Hey I'm just starting to get into using vinyl control in traktor and its working well. I was just wondering if it is possible for me to use CD control in deck A in traktor and vinyl control in deck B simultaneously, and if so how? I've been looking around in traktors settings and i can't find the right way to set it up. If someone could shed some light on that it would be great. Thanks.

You could, but what audio interface are you using ?
    I don't know whether the Audio4 allows switching the preamp on/off for A/B, no idea for the TA6 either.
    On the A8 you can only toggle line/phono for both 1/2 simultaneously. Therefore you'd have to route your CD timecode into channel 3 or 4 which are always line level, and set the timecode source for deck A to be that channel.
    Should be pretty similar on the TA10.

Audio 4 = turn off preamps. Use an external battery powered phono preamp between the turntable and the audio 4. Connect CDJ as per usual.

Audio 6 = Assuming you cannot turn off preamps indenantly- preamps on, connect turntable normally, connect the CDJ to the new additional pair of inputs/outputs

Audio 8 = self explanatory I believe.

Audio 10 = I don't know enough about this unit. I like to think you can turn off each channel's preamp independently.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Convert

the interface part isn't where im getting stuck, its the part in settings where you can choose to use both turntables and cdjs. when i go into the timecode setup section of prefences to change the input mode my only options are, timecode vinyl, timecode cd/line, and phono. which one to i want it set too to use vinyl and cd? ive tried them all and none seem to work for both the turntable and the cdj at the same time