Stepping back
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stepping back

Default Stepping back

Well... After some thought I am deciding to step away from doing digital djing for the time being and looking into getting some cd decks and a mixer.

I was wondering if anyone here has tried the American Audio Radius 3000 and how good is it?

Same with the Numark NDX800

nb4 Pioneer rig suggestion.

The mixer I know I will get is the DDM4000

I'll be selling my APC40 and sometime down the road getting an apc20

Anybody wanna try to talk me out of it?
    Im just kinda tired of mixing on my laptop and I realized that alot of trance tracks I have dont do too well with cue hopping all over, maybe sometime cutting the breakdown and thats it XD
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Do it!

Are you moving away from digital djing altogether? No laptop at all or using an external setup for a more traditional control surface?

Either way it'll make you a more diverse DJ, there are CDJ's in pretty much every club and youre better off knowing how to use them.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Mentor

Instead of changing your setup, maybe you could try switching/expanding genre? Trance doesn't exactly seem like an exciting genre to mix to me, but I could be wrong.
    Dell XPS 15 1080p -|- Kontrol X1 -|- Kontrol F1 -|- Akai LPD8 -|- Audio 6 -|- Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 -|- 2 * Reloop RP-4000 M3Ds

Just an idea but Maby instead find a middle point that will let u have the best of both worlds

^ timecode,

plus american audio products are terrible
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    ^ timecode,

plus american audio products are terrible
    +1

I've heard good times about the reloop rmp line, though I'm annoyed the rmp1 has CD tray rather than a slot thingy.

I know there's a few people on this forum who own the american audio, you might get lucky and attract their attention.

Timecode with CDJs seems a bit silly. It's a nice little addition but the main advantage of a DVS is that you don't have to buy vinyl. You're using CDJs. You don't have to buy vinyl. Just use usb sticks and burn some CDs.

Honestly though I'd get more expensive CDJs and a cheaper 2 channel mixer (you planning to get 4 CDJs? the behringer wont last long enough for the whole keeping future options open argument to work)

My (heavily opinionated) 2cents
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    the behringer wont last long enough for the whole keeping future options open argument to work
    Ive heard good things about the ddm4000, personally I went with ecler because I dont need all the midi features. Just a strong mixer

To the OP, if you plan on ditching the laptop altogether there really isnt much point in getting the behringer as you wont use all the midi stuff and I havent heard rave reviews of the effects.
    You might be better off going for a second hand pioneer/vestax/allen & heath/ecler.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

I got a second hand pioneer 600 dirt cheap, about the same as a ddm4k is used,
    and the reloop rmp2 cdjs are excellent, just gona be hard if you want to sell again

if your buying stuff for a shot of cdjs and are likely to sell again, get second hand pioneers, slightly more expensive, 100x easier to resell
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

That is a good point! I always neglect that since I only ever buy gear intending it to break or last me forever.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast