Turntables
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turntables

Default Turntables

So a lot of people have told me that when it comes to turntables, its technics or nothing. Is this true?

I want to get some turntables to start learning but I dont want to get crap but I also dont want to spend a bunch of money on turntables that are no longer in production. Its quite the predicament.

So what should I do?

Tech Mentor

Lots of people like the Super-OEM variants as well.

The Technics not being in production isn't actually an issue - there's so many of them around, parts will not be a problem for a long, long time to come.

That being said, they're currently a bit pricey because people are paying too much, because they're "no longer in production" ...
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Tech Guru

If I had the cash I'd be getting the Stanton str8-150's. I've had MKII's awhile ago and the advantage with them is that they are industry standard and are pretty reliable and cheap/easy to fix. If you want something new I'd have a serious look at the stantons.

The best ones are the Technics but there are others out there that work okay. Look through craigslist, someone here was able to pick 2 1200s for only a couple hundred.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    The best ones are the Technics but there are others out there that work okay. Look through craigslist, someone here was able to pick 2 1200s for only a couple hundred.

I found some Stanton T.50s for fairly cheap on craigslist. I looked at reviews on guitar centers website and they look good? Anyone know if they are worth the money or a waste?

Tech Guru

T.50are belt drive,not what u want. Honestly I havent had my hand on many tables, but the only ones I've touched that compare to 1200's were the str8-150's. They're actually a superior turntable in a lot of different ways. Other than that i'd just spring for the 1200's.

dont please, stanton anything above the t90, numark anything above tt200, technics : anything, vestax anything-
    aim for high priced top of the line turntables, watch reviews, and go find it second hand, because it was built to last, you can sell it back with more ease, and, youll have great turntables for a fractio (around half the price anyway) of them new
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Tech Mentor

You can sell the technics for the same price you picked em up if you go for used ones.

In the case you don't like the vinyl thing. I am not sure with the oem and super-oem.
    Xone 42, 12x0 mk2, Adam Audio Monitors and Sub

The thing to look for is direct drive TTs, the higher the torque the better

The reason everyone raves about the 1200/1210s is that they're industry standard, so if you play at a club you're 99% likely to find a familiar interface to use, and nigh on indestructable is maintained. They do the basics well, which quite often is all you need.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Didn't we just have this discussion like a week ago?

http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthr...light=Str8-150
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast