USB Ports

Thread: USB Ports

Default USB Ports

ANother Question: Soon I hope to be Buying some midi controll gear for TP.

I was thinking along the lines of :

2- SCS 3 da scratches

1- FADERFOX DJ2

1- AUDIO 8 DJ SOUNDCARD.

I have a macbook with only 2 USB ports. Will I need more than 2, and if so can use a USB hub for extra connectivity?

Also, has anyone had any expierince using the FADERFOX DJ2 with TP.

I can see its functionality as a mixer, however from what I acn tell you cant asign midi controlls, it just comes with presets.

I would like to have a dedicated nob for the H/L bypass filter, is this be achieved with the DJ2?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by xolunt View Post
    ANother Question: Soon I hope to be Buying some midi controll gear for TP.

I was thinking along the lines of :

2- SCS 3 da scratches
    1- FADERFOX DJ2
    1- AUDIO 8 DJ SOUNDCARD.

I have a macbook with only 2 USB ports. Will I need more than 2, and if so can use a USB hub for extra connectivity?
    Also, has anyone had any expierince using the FADERFOX DJ2 with TP.
    I can see its functionality as a mixer, however from what I acn tell you cant asign midi controlls, it just comes with presets.
    I would like to have a dedicated nob for the H/L bypass filter, is this be achieved with the DJ2?
    Hi!

your equipment
    Your Equipment seems pretty good, Audio 8 and the Faderfox are awesome and I used to have an scs3d, it really is a good controller, trust me (many dislike it without having used it, don't listen to them).

the usb problem
    I don't think 2 USB ports are enough, I need at least 5 Ports (for: Mouse, Keyboard, Numark TC, Audio Interface, External HD), and as my Laptop only has got 4 I am using a 4p USB Hub where I put the Mouse, the Keyboard and the Numark TC on to (the one left directly on the laptop is for mp3 players for wishes etc.). Midi signals transfer without any loss or cons through the hub in my experience, I even used to have all my midi equipment connected on the hub (keyboard, NTC, scs3d, ps2like gamepad).

the knob on fdj2 tragedy
    Dunno, I never used it only heard that it's ausum :F

Have a nice day, god may bless you <3
    Drehregling from Freiburg, Germany
    Setup: Dell Vostro 1000, Maya44 USB, Numark Total Control, Traktor DJ Studio 3.3.2.06, Evolution MK-449C Keyboard, Technics SL-1200MK2, Stanton SCS.3d DaScratch

Join #controllerism and #djtechtools @ QuakeNet!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ T View Post
    Your Equipment seems pretty good, Audio 8 and the Faderfox are awesome and I used to have an scs3d, it really is a good controller, trust me (many dislike it without having used it, don't listen to them).
    If you were happy with it, why did you remove it from your setup then?

Quote Originally Posted by xolunt

If it outputs midi signals (which I assume it does), you can assign any control in TPro to it.

I also have just 2 USB ports in my laptop. I use two MIDI controllers with a powered USB hub. There's no signal loss.
    Keep on jumpin'
    http://dj3du.com

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I've used a powered D-Link four port hub and not had signal loss or any noticeable latency before when I was using two padkontrols, a VCI-100, my Audio8 and an external hard drive on it's own power source.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by gfocus View Post
    If you were happy with it, why did you remove it from your setup then?
    I gave it back because I decided rather to do some saving for an Electribe SX. I mapped it to be kind of a looping machine, everything was running fine, but I think the Electribe solution is better.
    Drehregling from Freiburg, Germany
    Setup: Dell Vostro 1000, Maya44 USB, Numark Total Control, Traktor DJ Studio 3.3.2.06, Evolution MK-449C Keyboard, Technics SL-1200MK2, Stanton SCS.3d DaScratch

Join #controllerism and #djtechtools @ QuakeNet!