Numark Mixdeck - Taking it to the Next level
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Numark Mixdeck - Taking it to the Next level

I've been using my Numark Mixdeck for about 8months now and have succesfully DJed numerous weddings, sweet 16s, school functions, clubs, and what not. I have liked all the features EXCEPT...

That when it comes to using Traktor (version that came with it) the performance really does not stand out. Only 4 louzy effects, no hot cues, no samples.... I can only do the basic mixing which I don't like.

I am about to DJ some clubs in college and want to upgrade to some different software or extrnal controller to improve the mixing capabilities

Have any suggestions? I really don't want to spend another $400 on a different program but am just wondering what in the world I can do?

Thanks for your help

upgrade to traktor pro,get a kontrol X1 & an audio 2 and your good to go
    if your dj'ing clubs you can use there mixer and save for one your own
    and for parties,weddings etc... just use the mixtrack till you can upgrade again.

Yeah what he said!! Sounds to me like you are using Traktor LE which is going to be limited as it's just to give you a sniff of what the full fat version can do. Upgrade to Traktor pro and you'll be laughing!! Actually I think there is someone inthe buy/sell forum selling Traktor pro 1.2.7.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Convert

I did upgrade to Pro a few months ago but ended up returning it. I didn't feel it added very many effects for my $200. I had a hard time getting all the controls to work right too so maybe that had something to do with it.

Usually Traktor Pro would be a huge upgrade to controllers, but from what I have researched when it comes to the MixDeck it really doesn't make a big difference...
    True or not?

i paid 50 bucks for my traktor pro from someone on here...go look...it will change your game...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Same here. I got my upgrade from here and it cost £40. And how many effects would one person need? Never used the mixdeck bit Traktor pro compliments most controllers to be fair. What exactly are you looking for?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Mentor

the mixdeck has a built in mixer/soundcard. Getting an audio 2 or another soundcard wouldnt really HELP unless you want to use time code. When i had mine, i remapped the back and mode button to allow me to juggle 8 cue points. I would remapp the eject button from "START TRACK OVER" to filter off. Change the pant knob to key knob.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ssjaken View Post
    the mixdeck has a built in mixer/soundcard. Getting an audio 2 or another soundcard wouldnt really HELP unless you want to use time code. When i had mine, i remapped the back and mode button to allow me to juggle 8 cue points. I would remapp the eject button from "START TRACK OVER" to filter off. Change the pant knob to key knob.
    - The Mixdeck Pro has a sound card. Not the regular Mixdeck
    - The Audio 2 is not used for timecode, the 4,6,8 and 10 are.
    - If he has a Mixdeck + X1 and wants to play in a club he's gonna need a soundcard to plug into the house mixer to use with just the X1.

Yes. The mixdeck would work MUCH better with Traktor PRO if you remap it. It would have much more functionality than the LE version.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    i paid 50 bucks for my traktor pro from someone on here...go look...it will change your game...
    I am simply looking for more mixing functions available. I have never like being at clubs next to other DJs and they had crazy cool effects, hot cues and what not while I was limited to what I could do on the Mixdeck.

I feel as though the mixdeck has many amazing functions, effects, scratching features, etc for CDs but when it comes to Midi mode it honestly doesn't, maybe just my opinion?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I feel as though the mixdeck has many amazing functions, effects, scratching features, etc for CDs but when it comes to Midi mode it honestly doesn't, maybe just my opinion?
    just forget the software and burn all your music to cds

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast