skrillex review - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: skrillex review

Quote Originally Posted by Duttylectric View Post
    bashing at stuff you don't get or like doesn't make any sense. i would have to bash at 90% of music in general and that would insult the taste of basicly the whole planet. that you don't like music doesn't make it bad music. top40 music is a form of art too, it appeals to billions of people - who am i to judge just because it sounds like crap to me?
    Exactly, a lot of that stuff is just made to fit a specific purpose (drinking shots in highstreet bars) and it achieves that perfectly well.
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Quote Originally Posted by heaps View Post
    Scatta ft. Foreign Beggars is dope.
    Still Gettin It ft. Foreign Beggars is dope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

Quote Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
    Pretty much anything ft. Foreign Beggars is dope.
    fixed. IMO lol.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

im confused as to why a lot people dont seem to like him live. his style of music doesnt suit long transitions, his style of music suits quick cuts, drops, and beatmashing/stutter effects. which is exactly what he does. any monkey with a computer or cdjs can seemlessly mix house or techno for hours. that's an awful lot easier than what skrillex does - i.e. hype up the crowd and cut up the track live to build drops, etc...

personally, when I go to a club/festival to see one of my favourite producers perform, I don't want to see them simply stand still behind some cdjs or decks straight mixing for a hour or so. I wanna see them talk to the crowd, jump around like a maniac, stage dive, cut up (or fuck up) the track live, and just generally do something more personal than the resident djs.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamPollard55 View Post
    personally, when I go to a club/festival to see one of my favourite producers perform, I don't want to see them simply stand still behind some cdjs or decks straight mixing for a hour or so. I wanna see them talk to the crowd, jump around like a maniac, stage dive, cut up (or fuck up) the track live, and just generally do something more personal than the resident djs.
    Well, sounds to me more like you're looking for a rock concert experience than a club night. I want to just switch off my brain and dance for hours on end when I'm in a club - techno is way more likely to achieve this for me than those ADHD-genres of electronic music (I seriously think - as far as vibe goes - electro house, dubstep and the likes are closer connected to rock than to house and techno).

Might be a bit of a radical view of things, but then again I don't care and those are my 2 cents....
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Oh, but on a different note and somewhat more connected to the initial post: the RA reviews usually seem quite strange to me, I really don't get what their editors are looking for and how they rate music. E.g. the new Frivolous album - 3/5? Srsly?
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    fixed. IMO lol.
    Just gotta agree
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    fixed. IMO lol.
    Very true

Quote Originally Posted by AdamPollard55 View Post
    im confused as to why a lot people dont seem to like him live. his style of music doesnt suit long transitions, his style of music suits quick cuts, drops, and beatmashing/stutter effects. which is exactly what he does. any monkey with a computer or cdjs can seemlessly mix house or techno for hours. that's an awful lot easier than what skrillex does - i.e. hype up the crowd and cut up the track live to build drops, etc...

+1 on this. I wouldn't expect someone like AvB or Avicii or other house/trance producers to cut songs up nearly as much as someone like Skrillex. It's a completely different style of mixing that they employ and it's just wrong to say that Skrillex is wrong because he chops songs up and basically does live remixes. Again, it is a completely different style of mixing, but I find someone like Skrillex way more entertaining than just mixing A to B, even if someone like Tiesto, AvB, etc is doing it.

BLAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

*cough* sorry, don't know what came over me there.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Are you okay???

*patting back, perhaps holding back hair

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast