Need help with Denon Cdj's
    Tech Convert

Default Need help with Denon Cdj's

Hi all i would like to know if these denon players can be used as a soundcard with the Behringer ddm 4000 and Traktor Pro:
    Denon Hs5500
    Denon s3700

If you dont understand, what i mean is that i do not want to purchase an external soundcard and optionaly use the Asio drivers in the Denon hs5500 and Denon s3700 since they both are Usb Midi..if thats possible.. I am a 15 year-old Dj on a budget and saving is good lol.
    Thanks

Tech Guru

You will need a sound card. They will be able to control traktor but the sound would still need to be routed out of traktor into either speakers or your mixer. They do not have a built in sound card.

Also if your djing on a budget why are you considering gear that costs 900 when you can get a s4 for the same price which has a built in sound card.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    You will need a sound card. They will be able to control traktor but the sound would still need to be routed out of traktor into either speakers or your mixer. They do not have a built in sound card.

Also if your djing on a budget why are you considering gear that costs 900 when you can get a s4 for the same price which has a built in sound card.
    You DO NOT need a soundcard. My friend did this exact setup except with VDJ and you can do it because the denon cdj's have built in soundcards.
    My Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djmogal Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/dj.mogal Equipment: 2011 MBP 13"/ CDJ 350s/ DJM 350/ V-Moda CrossFade LP/ Traktor Pro

Tech Guru

I do apologize I reread the specs and noticed the (sound card). But that doesn't change my question. What kind of budget are you on when you are considering buying a 750$ piece of gear but can't spring 250$ for a sound card and that's if you only buy a single 3700.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Convert

Yes thankyou guys, i knew it did have a soundcard built in i just wanted to know how you could set it up? Could you ask your friend DoctorMogal?

And yes Bartboy i do realize those are very expensive Cdj's for me being on a budjet but i find that the resale value is very low. Mid $200's-mid $300's for the Hs5500 while the 3700 are around $500. I will probably be getting the Hs5500 since it is cheaper and has the 2 decks in 1 feature.
    Thanks guys

Tech Guru

Please let me know where I can find a HS5500 for anywhere near 300$ I will bear your children

Tech Convert

lol come to mention it i got outbid by 2.50 on ebay, damn thing went for $212.50 + $10 shipping. It looked like it never left its case