How do i take my song library on the move?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default How do i take my song library on the move?

Hi All

Searched on here, but could not find an answer. I am sure it will have been raised before. I spent hours setting up my tracks in Tracktor and decided to go to friends for a mix and took my masterpieces with me on a usb stick along with my tsi file. He has the same setup as me so i didnt see a problem.

You know whats coming dont you....

After loading them into his library all of the cue points and grids had dissapeared.

What else do i need to copy and take with me?

Cheers

Michael

yeh, the same thing happens if you rename a folder or move the track or folder location.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Are you using Traktor 3 or Traktor PRo?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

Thanks for helping

Traktor Pro with the 1.2 update

It should write the tag when you unload the track from the deck, or load a new track in... Check your preferences and see if there's a check box for this (I'm at work). I know there's a setting to write tags on load, but I hate doing that cause it slows down the load up when you have, y'know, 10,000 tracks.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

They still work on my Pc, but not on my friends.

Also, i need to get this sorted as i am planning to move to a better PC/Laptop. So i dont want to be storing Cue's and Grids again. They were all added using pro. Can you just copy the library or is this where you say the setting is?

I'm at work so I can't see the TPro settings right now. I know there's one for Analyze on Load and there's something else for Writing Tags, I think. It should write tags automatically, I know that it did for me when I transferred from one TPro to the other. You should be able to write tags on close or something, just find the setting in preferences.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

The only way I was able to do this (I have traktor 3) is by copying my collection together with the Traktor\Backup folder which have a collection.nml file which seems to have the information for the cue points grids etc. Also I took the settings.xml plus the tks and problem solved. The I executed the relocate command and pointed to the root folder of my collection and that finished the deal. I asumesomething similar can be done with TP. There must be a file containing that info.

+1 with Alien, in a nut shell you have to copy your traktor 3 or traktor folder to your thumb drive and copy your music folder how it appears on your HD. Once you open Traktor you have to import your settings and change where you store your info. I would recommend if you had a iPod to enable disk and copy the whole damn folder. Keep in mind that its going to mess with your friends settings and make sure that he backs up his info.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I asumesomething similar can be done with TP. There must be a file containing that info.
    I'm away from my computer, so I don't know the EXACT dir.
    But the files are located in My Documents/Native Instruments/Traktor/Settings
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 2.0GHz, 4GB Ram, BCD-3000, WinXP(Pro)-SP2, Traktor Pro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast