Incomplete WAV file after recording from TSP

Default Incomplete WAV file after recording from TSP

Hello,

I've had this problem more than once and have no idea how to go about resolving. I hope you knowledgeable people can help.

I'm recording an hour long set from traktor scratch pro onto my macbook pro. Once i'm done and play the WAV file on Itunes it says the song length is a complete 56 mins. However when played it cuts out at 42 mins? Problem even occurs when converting to mp3, the mp3 file will load onto itunes and say it's only 42 mins?

I've used audacity to import as a RAW file as suggested by a friend but it doesn't show any waveforms by said 42 min point.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, this has been the 2nd time it's happened.

Has it started a second file for the rest of the set?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Check your preferences to see the file size split setting. I always set it to the max.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Oh i've had that problem before, but it's not the file splitting. Mine is always set to max.

It's like a loss of data or something...can't explain it anymore. It's like knowing the word is MACBOOK but all you hear is MACBO..? Where's the OK? where is it?!?! haha, no idea.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you load it into a deck right after it's recorded is it short?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yeah when i load it in traktor it's same 43 minutes long.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I would probably start with installing new drivers and maybe reinstalling traktor. Problem is it's an intermittent problem so it'll take a while to see what works.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Student

FWIW I used to have this problem and I found out it was from closing traktor before it finished saving the file. After I stopped recording I would usually close Traktor but if you notice, especially with a long recording, Traktor processes your recording which can take a minute or so. After I finish recording I make sure I don't touch anything until that file is done processing in the status bar below the file browser.