Post-Dubstep/Bass music/130 bpm
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Post-Dubstep/Bass music/130 bpm

So this new type of music has been emerging lately. As in the title, its almost like a post-dubstep kind of music. Its hard to really pin down, with its house, dubstep, RnB, and hip-hop qualities. Pitchfork did an article about this new genre, and weather they think it will stick around, or if its just kind of an in between for the next big movement in dance music.

Here is the Pitchfork article: http://www.pitchfork.com/features/gr...grime-dubstep/

and if you're to lazy to read that huge article, here are a couple of examples of "bass music"

http://soundcloud.com/canblaster/tracks

http://soundcloud.com/supremecuts/tracks

And Canblaster did a mix for Fool's Gold ( http://www.foolsgoldrecs.com/2011/05...23-canblaster/ ) which is really excellent, and unique.

the pitchfork article also lists tons more artists, and give's a mix of what they think "defines" the genre

So what do you all feel about this gene? do you like? do you think it will stick around? could you imagine playing this kind of music at a gig? personally I love it, and am trying to find more of it! haha but I thought I would ask other DJ techtooler's what they think of this music. I love it because its so weird, and every track is really different. and fun to dance too!

Anyway! let me know what ya'll think!
    thanks!
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

i need to do something, so ill do a follow up post later.

let me start by saying

post- dubstep?
    are you shitting me? what kind of bs politticly correct shit name is that?

bass music?
    you mean DnB, dubstep, hardstyle, or anything else bass oriented? thats not really a genre thats a category.

grime.... isnt that like some sort of uk rap?

i think im going to enjoy reading this later.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

Bass Music: Breaks when you don't want to call it breaks because breaks aren't cool.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    i need to do something, so ill do a follow up post later.

let me start by saying

post- dubstep?
    are you shitting me? what kind of bs politticly correct shit name is that?

bass music?
    you mean DnB, dubstep, hardstyle, or anything else bass oriented? thats not really a genre thats a category.

grime.... isnt that like some sort of uk rap?

i think im going to enjoy reading this later.
    lol yaaaaaa, i was just listing the names from the pitchfork article. but another name I saw was "Future Bass". Fits a little more as the music is kinda futuristic sounding, and a little less pretentious than "post-dubstep" haha but even "future bass" sounds dumb to me :/ o wellzzzz
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgeo0 View Post
    lol yaaaaaa, i was just listing the names from the pitchfork article.
    sorry if it came off like my post was directed at you or something, it wasnt

*about to start reading
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

once i had an example to listen to i stopped reading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TTFiZiUA14

i refered to stuff like this as experimental dubstep.

in other words, chill vibe, 130 - 150 bpm, not the typical feel to the drums, atmospheric sounds.

BASED ON THE TRACK I POSTED (since i havnt heard many examples):
    is it a full blown genre, i dont think so.
    is it a sub genre, i think you could get away with saying so.

yeah maybe pitchfork just dosnt know what they are talking about... haha the examples that i posted above i feel are a lot more club friendly music. not as chill and ambient. I think i agree with you about it being a sub genre, but I still feel that some of it doesn't sound enough like dubstep, to just be called experimental dubstep. maybe some of it. o well. Also the mix that pitchfork did post, has more of what i think the sub-genre to be. again not as chill, and more dance-able.

Thanks for the reply!!

I think when I listen to any type of music I shouldn't feel like I am playing a video game, unless said game is mike tyson's punchout. So...yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank112916 View Post
    I think when I listen to any type of music I shouldn't feel like I am playing a video game, unless said game is mike tyson's punchout. So...yeah...
    what songs do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Georgeo0 View Post
    what songs do this?
    Every song by canblaster.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast