HELP! DJ lights advice for 18th :S
    Tech Wizard

Default HELP! DJ lights advice for 18th :S

Hi everybody!

Basically I usually DJ at bars/clubs etc but I have decided to DJ a friends 18th. I will hopefully do some more too.

Anyways I have decided to invest in some lights but don't have a clue! I am on a serious serious budget!

So far off ebay I have ordered an Abstract XP5 moonflower and a T-max 6 light.

the party will be for 100 people and the girl said tbh she isnt bothered about lights but i believe they are quite important.

Anyways my lights havn't been delivered yet so i don't know what they look like.

How many lights do I need ? Would I be able to "make do" with just them two or would that be stupid ?

I really am a noob when it comes to lights haha

Thanks

Connor

strobe, moonflower, a blacklight or two...

add on as you go. i spent maybe $100 on lighting and it does the trick for what i need it to do.

i want lazarz tho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

I really dig the Chauvet 4play cause you can arrange them in different ways and really fill up the room. They are a bit expensive thou but its good to invest in some good lights.
    My Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djmogal Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/dj.mogal Equipment: 2011 MBP 13"/ CDJ 350s/ DJM 350/ V-Moda CrossFade LP/ Traktor Pro

For moonflowers or anything like that you really need a hazer or fogger to make them awesome.
    Last edited by biru; 06-27-2011 at 12:22 AM. Reason: iPad autocorrect is wrong
    "Tell me what I need to be a DJ so I can f*ck the prom queen"
    Biru on Soundcloud
    Biru on Facebook

My opinion is to go with cheap simple stuff like the american dj h2o and LED bars for uplighting or other things. I personally find all the other lights kind of cheap, and think it adds to the cheesiness of mobile jocks. I do mobile stuff here and there, but I think the best bet is to save save save. Then get yourself a low end set of scanners or rotating head lights. They are pricey, but things like that let you either demand more money, or really wow a few people (which can lead to more hefty paying gigs).

Tech Wizard

Cheers everybody!

I have already ordered a moonflower that looks pretty decent. I also have the t-max light. I think i will save for some Chauvet 4play or similar and that should do me I think until I start earning from it. Thank you!

Also a lot of venues near me don't allow fog machines.