Bags

Thread: Bags

Tech Wizard

Default Bags

Alright so i got an s4, midi fighter, mb 13", and just got an apc40 and need a bag. I was looking at the UDG slingbags for just the s4 and the apc that can go over a trolley bag and they seemed pretty cool, but they didn't say anything about waterproof and thats gonna be important because im gonna be in chicago and don't want any snow to damage my babies. The creator trolley by UDG seemed cool but idk, as far as the mono bags, i was looking at the 365 for the apc. I was gonna get a DJTT s4 bag but they stopped making them so yea.. I was wondering if anyone knows of any other bags by these companies that'll fit one or the other or even both. I just need something thats gonna be good for walking around in chicago and something that i can take as a backpack on a plane or carryon.

i was thinking of getting the 365 (bookbag) for the apc and a sling for the s4 (carry on)

plane fees are trying to be avoided, $100 if your checked bag is over 50lbs so yea..

Tech Guru

Look into laptop bags if your laptop is thin enough some laptop bags fit a controller and laptop... I can fit my netbook (which is kinda fat) and my numark omni control with an ipad all my cables and shit i need, hard drive, headphones and i still have a bit of room.

Not sure on the model of the bag but my sister had this huge horrible dell laptop back in the day that would have been bigger then my controller so it worked out perfect
    Last edited by dj stifffy; 06-27-2011 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

ibtf
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Guru

Looking for a bag at the moment....most likely a messenger bag. Most seem ridiculously overpriced though for whats basically a slightly bigger laptop bag. The Fusion Workstation is probably the most suited for me but is massive and fits a midi controller in which I don't want (will get a flight case for that) as I won't always have it on me. Expensive but looks like it will do the job with plenty of padding. The smaller one they do doesn't look like it has as good protection for headphones etc. UDG Creator Messenger bag looks alright, but expensive for what it looks like you get. Magma, same again, better priced but really don't think it looks like you get £85 worth of innovation/protection for your stuff.
    Not too keen on the Mono bags.

Anybody have any info on these? Are they worth the cash? Any suggestions? Need one that will carry my 15" laptop, headphones, cables, soundcard and possibly timecode vinyl in the future. Preferably a messenger style one.

http://www.zomo.de/en/Products/Bags/...J-Bag-MK2.html

Holds:

Macbook Pro 15" in neoprene sleeve
    Traktor Audio 8 DJ
    4 x USB cables
    20-30 blank CD's
    Digital camera
    4 x USB memory sticks
    Traktor X1 in UDG case
    Traktor Multicore cables x 2
    Backup RCA cables
    Griffin Elevator stand
    Sennheiser HD25 MK2 headphones
    RCA to jack 3m for recording sets
    Side pocket used for aftershave

And then still have room for a few more bits in the main compartment if I needed anything else, could easily fit another X1 if I needed it.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Tech Guru

Not bad, should have mentioned it needs to hold a cd case too. Will take it into consideration.

Magma was winning so far but thinking about I doubt the cd case would fit in it.
    Not sure sure about the UDG Creator with that either?
    Maybe it'll have to be Fusion after all.
    Last edited by KS2; 12-17-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Tech Wizard

Native Instruments Traktor Trolley (Made by UDG) is the way to go! I recently picked one up for $99 from NI's web store. They still have the sale price while supplies last. The thing is also TSA approved. I can store tons of equipment in it.