denon dns3700 or pioneer cdj 850??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default denon dns3700 or pioneer cdj 850??

im going to get either the pioneer 850 or the denon 3700.which one should i get?why?

I'd say Denon 3700, better looks, motorized jogwheel, but that's me, and I'm a turntablist.
    AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

i was in the same position. I chose the 850, because it's more similar to an actual CD player than a 3700. The 3700 is really heavy, and the jog wheele is very different than your typical CDJ. 850 also has rekordbox capabilities. Can get you familiarized with the higher level CDJs which are club standard, and it shows waveforms. It also has midi capabilities like the 3700.

I personally chose Pioneer for the reliability, and because I wanted to get better familiarized with PIO cdjs for club usage. You'll most likely never run into a dn-s3700 ever in a club.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

S4!

yeh i have an s4 too

Tech Convert

Can a cdj850 easily be used with Traktor?

CDJ850, id pick them over the 1000's tbh,
    i have the 800mk2, the version before the 850's and they are amazing cdj's

plus, they are so easilly connectable to traktor over HID
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Id say if you plan on DJing at clubs, just stick with the Pioneers so you can get used to industry standard equipment. If you just wanna dj at home, or take your own gear places, id go for those 3700s. in my opinion these should be the industry standard, or at least also be in more clubs. Theyre pretty damn good and the feel of these are unmatched.

Pioneer has bought the spot as industry standard, although the 2000 line of products is their best DJM2000-CDJ2000-HDJ2000
    But I love the looks of the Denon series and they haven't needed to keep pumping out new stuff every year to hold their spot. I tried out a 3700 GODLIKE FEELING compared to Pioneer. Put my hands on pioneer and it felt extremely hollow and cheap (imho)

If I had the choice and could bring my own gear I would go Denon but there are clubs wuth pioneers up the ass in them. Though I would say go for which one you feel like since if you get a gig and they have the equipment, it wont be too different, and if they dont then you can show off your setup.

Rekordbox? Meet old Denon music Manager which kinda soes the same thing.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Tech Mentor

If you don't need the midi capabilities, meaning you will use your cdj's for playing cd's, I would say go for the 1000 mk3's. I've done enough research to decide for myself and the mk3 is way better for Cd only usage. The waveform display that 850 has is worse than the 1000's and loads as the track progresses so there is no point in it. Of course if you want midi and planning on getting club gigs, definitely gio with pioneers later models.

P.S. CDJ 1000 mk3's can be found very cheap in the used market.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast