Should I get an s4?
    Tech Convert

Default Should I get an s4?

Hey guys, new here, im basically an auzzie mobile dj that caters to party's

So I was thinking about getting the s4, although dvs setups are hypnotically amazing, there not as portable as the s4 is, and it can do a lot more.

I was going to use it in conjunction with a macbook pro i5 with 4gb ram.

However, I also love the idea of two midi fighter pro's and a mixer, but an s4 can do pretty much everything a midi fighter can right? (if a bit more difficult)

do you guys think this is a good idea?

I also tend to travel interstate a few times a year, and I could bring my gear with me this way.

I think there are a lot of topics to answer your question.
    So I would say take a good look at some of the topics and make you're own opinion of what you think is best for you.
    Last edited by tekki; 06-28-2011 at 05:10 AM.
    "Dream if you live forever, live if you will die today"

i think an s4 would be best for your needs out of the two ... but thats just my opinion
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

If i were u i'd buy an s4 and a MF classic ( DJTT sells them for 999 i think ) so you can find a balance between your ideas

If you're a mobile DJ doing parties I doubt you're likely to need all the live performance and button mashing capabilities of a midifighter pro, and even if you did you'd want to be able to back that up with more precise mixer controls (EQ, levels etc).

The S4 will do everything you want it to, and if you want to upgrade later you can always buy an MFP as well or get the S4 scratch upgrade to use DVS.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Dj View Post
    If i were u i'd buy an s4 and a MF classic ( DJTT sells them for 999 i think ) so you can find a balance between your ideas
    Good point, except you might be able to get your S4 cheaper in Oz. Not sure.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by Nilicious View Post
    I think there are a lot of topics to answer your question.
    So I would say take a good look at some of the topics and make you're own opinion of what you think is best for you.
    Mainly this.

Locking thread.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --