Exporting tunes to another pc with grid locked - can't play the files
    Tech Convert

Default Exporting tunes to another pc with grid locked - can't play the files

Hi guys,
    I have been using TP2 for a little while and beatgridding my music collection on my laptop. I have then saved all tunes to memory stick and transferred them to another computer to mix. However when I load a track the analyse bar at the bottom goes red, saying that due to the beatgrid being locked it can't analyse the bpm.
    I can see my load points, hot cues etc on the waveform but i can't play the tune at all. I have tried turning the lock off but it still won't play!! Do I have to unlock them in the original traktor, import then lock again, or will that mean they get reanalysed etc?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Is the other computer also running Traktor?

Did you merely copy the tunes onto the stick, or did you export them from traktor (the latter creates an .nml file with all the data the second copy of traktor needs)
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Convert

yeah the other pc has tp2.

no i didn't export, just copied and pasted in windows, oops, i assume this may be my problem then.....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ry View Post
    yeah the other pc has tp2.

no i didn't export, just copied and pasted in windows, oops, i assume this may be my problem then.....
    I regularly take files from my laptop and play them on my mates, and have always exported the appropriate playlists out of Traktor to the stick. Never had any bother ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Convert

Excellent, thats exatly why i need it, just want to be able to mix at my mates with my tunes set how i like rather than always using his

Do you export using the button in the settings? or is it a method of highlighting all the tracks u want and right clicking/selecting export or something along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ry View Post
    Excellent, thats exatly why i need it, just want to be able to mix at my mates with my tunes set how i like rather than always using his

Do you export using the button in the settings? or is it a method of highlighting all the tracks u want and right clicking/selecting export or something along those lines?
    Make a playlist of the tunes you want to take with you. Open Traktor, find that playlist, right click and sleect 'export' it asks you where you want to put the file and whether you want to copy the files to the same area ... easy innit ...

Tech Convert

Aha, you're a gentleman sir.

I will try that when I get home. Cheers for the help

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There should also be a checkbox telling Traktor to export those songs along with the playlist.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x