DJTT in Spanish?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DJTT in Spanish?

Just stumbled across this . Qué fuerte!

http://djtechenspanish.wordpress.com/

Which one of you's running it?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

http://djtechenspanish.wordpress.com/about/

Rafael Figueroa AKA dj quasar (Chile)
    Editor general djtehtools en español

If he is here he is using a different username, he isn't on the chatroom either.

I thought of the idea but never took off. Wonder if the team is Ok with it (if he asked).

BTW, he should have gone with a neutral spanish translation and say who was the original author.
    Last edited by padi_04; 06-28-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Tech Mentor

Wow, I haven't reviewed the articles in-depth, butI think is great that DJTT can reach the Spanish speakers (like me). Now, I agree with padi_04, the translations need to be neutral and IMO the writing style needs a bit of polishing.
    However, big ups for taking on that task!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I'm not against having a spanish version at all, but I think the big guys should be aware (and writers credited) and have some sort of quality control.

Even tho it's mentioned, I can't find a direct link to DJTT.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    I'm not against having a spanish version at all, but I think the big guys should be aware (and writers credited) and have some sort of quality control.

Even tho it's mentioned, I can't find a direct link to DJTT.
    +1

I think the writers deserve to be credited and maybe have some credit for the translation. I think it might lead to a confusions about the author(s). I've been reading more and some of the language does not seem to be at the same standard as the one used on the published articles by DJTT...

Regarding the "neutral" translation, being Chilean myself, I can assure you the translation sounds pretty neutral already... I read through 3 entire articles and didn't find a single "non neutral" or Chilean expression. I agree there are some bits and bobs that need a little polishing but overall the translation it's pretty understandable nevertheless.

+1 on the appropriate crediting though... should have a link to the original source on each article.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Quote Originally Posted by The Pancaker View Post
    Regarding the "neutral" translation, being Chilean myself, I can assure you the translation sounds pretty neutral already... I read through 3 entire articles and didn't find a single "non neutral" or Chilean expression. I agree there are some bits and bobs that need a little polishing but overall the translation it's pretty understandable nevertheless.

+1 on the appropriate crediting though... should have a link to the original source on each article.
    Wow, nice surprise! I'm agree with Pancaker... I'm chilean also, and haven't found any chilean expressions... It would be nice to have DJTT as a spanish controllerism community also, maybe a subforum were we can share knowledge and some tunes now and then, and build up a more international community of DJs who'r using MIDI controllers...

It's always a good idea to be multilingual, but also is more work...

Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    lol
    SC | MC

Is it just me, or does it seem like that guy is mercilessly stealing Ean Golden and the DJTT crew's hard work? Admittedly, I don't know Spanish that well, but it's still plagiarism if you take an article, translate it, and put your name at the top of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast