Moving to Chicago to follow my dreams! Looking for more Chicagoans!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moving to Chicago to follow my dreams! Looking for more Chicagoans!

Hey! Just trying to network with fellow DJs and stuff before I pick up and leave for Chicago. I don't really know more than 3 or 4 people up there and I'm not too good at getting around out there so yeaaah.....

After being stuck DJing in rural Illinois I've finally decided to pack up and go where some real parties are at.

Well if anyone is out there hit me up on http://www.facebook.com/StevenOhNoNolan

Or if you have ever attempted this kind of transition just post here!
    everything I need for a sexy party:
    HP DV4 | S4 | Midi-fighter | Maschine | KRK R6 G2 monitors | Crown + Cola

Nice...

Been here since forever, been doing shitloads of guest spots... not really trying for a residency (been offered a few, but they dont interest me)

Let me know if you get a spot or something... send me a demo, i always got club owners asking me if i know people that are looking for a residency (most of my friends are unreliable when it comes to it) so i can pass it on.

PM me if you wanna come down for one of my sets.

A friend of mine and i got invited to do a few shows in vegas, pretty nervous, so i guess im kinda in the same spot...

Hey buddy! I just moved to Chicago 5 months ago from NY. I knew 1 person since moving here. Now I party pretty much anytime I want. I've been having a great time. I've been going to a number of shows at the mid and vision.

Since here i've guested at one spot, Lokal lounge in wicker park, and xippo in roscoe vill. I'll actually be playing at lokal again on the 9th if you want to stop by. Hit me and send me a pm sometime. I have a few friends come over and spin at my place every week in bucktown.

Also Bigboibbp, you mind if I send you a demo to pass along? I would be interested in playing more a residency place? I've just been doing house parties since being in Chi and quess spots. I work full time but would like something on the weekends too.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Good luck with the move!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Good luck with the move!
    Thanks! and PMs sent to both you fellas. Just another example of why the DJTT community is just epic. Maybe we can all meet up someday and put together a Midifightclub Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    Hey buddy! I just moved to Chicago 5 months ago from NY. I knew 1 person since moving here. Now I party pretty much anytime I want. I've been having a great time. I've been going to a number of shows at the mid and vision.

Since here i've guested at one spot, Lokal lounge in wicker park, and xippo in roscoe vill. I'll actually be playing at lokal again on the 9th if you want to stop by. Hit me and send me a pm sometime. I have a few friends come over and spin at my place every week in bucktown.

Also Bigboibbp, you mind if I send you a demo to pass along? I would be interested in playing more a residency place? I've just been doing house parties since being in Chi and quess spots. I work full time but would like something on the weekends too.
    This is pretty cool... one of my friends used to be a resident at xippo, the chef used to always hook it up with tater tots too... That place is sweet! that same buddy has a residency at vision at the moment too.

and i got ur pm, just havent read it yet... will respond soon, but was invited to play at the mid in a few weeks, haven't checked it out yet. Got to do evil olive not to long ago with a different buddy who is hookin it up with the mid.

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoNolan View Post
    Thanks! and PMs sent to both you fellas. Just another example of why the DJTT community is just epic. Maybe we can all meet up someday and put together a Midifightclub Chicago!
    Definitely... gonna be buying a midi fighter soon too, but im trying to stop buying controllers right now cuz im scared someone is gonna throw me an intervention and send my ass to rehab... lol

Banned

Nice! Glad to hear peeps are helping each other out. I myself am up in Milwaukee, would be cool to bring up some Chicago guys one weekend and play out.

What do you guys play exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephew View Post
    What do you guys play exactly?
    I like playing remixes of popular stuff, electro, house, some dubstep, and hip-hop. I throw in a little 50's-90's stuff for kicks. Lately I've been mixing in Footloose, Nobody but me by Human Beinz, and a few other quirky tunes. Those kind of curveballs always get a good response from drunk party goers.

Banned

Ha! Nice, not exactly what I would go out to listen to, but as long as you keep the punters happy more power to you

Turned in my official resignation at work today! Feels great! Finally get to slack off. All day I kept saying to coworkers "What can they do? Fire me?" So awesome!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast