Gain Knob resets to 50% everytime

Angry Gain Knob resets to 50% everytime

i dont know if this is a problem or its meant to work out that way. i started noticing when i got a pair of speakers. I didn't run into this before when i played the sound thru my laptop speakers. It just seems like a hassle to turn the gain knob clockwise to 100% everytime i swith tracks (on either decks). I have the 1.4 arcade se with the most up to date mapping. Has anyone else experienced this?

Tech Wizard

I hate to ask this but you explained the issue in a bit of a confusing manner.. do you mean that the normal point for gain to equal 100% now equals 50% every time you move it there?

Traktor has an auto-gain feature that matches each tracks volume to prevent things from sounding too far out of whack so that might be your issue... if not you should check your .tsi file to make sure the knob's sensitivity is programmed properly. If you aren't great at traktor mappings you might want to have a look around djtt (google search them for mapping advice) or just re-import your tsi a few times and then reboot your cpu.

I don't use the new mapping, but the gain at maximum might now be moved to a different spot as well... again you can change that via the mapping for the knob.

Also, when you say "50%" do you mean in the middle of the dial or halfway between the far left side and the middle? You might just be misunderstanding the dial itself.. 100% gain (normal) is in the very middle... thus giving you room to adjust higher and lower.
    Last edited by onelove; 06-29-2011 at 04:13 AM.

If you're turning the gain all the way to the right every time you'll end up distorting your sound. If you don't understand gain, turn on autogain and leave it alone for now.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I don't know if I understood your question properly but you might have the "set all deck setting back to original when new song is loaded" option checked.

I apologize for that confusing opening entry. I thought that 100% meant that the dial had to be all the way right.

@OneLove.. thanks for clarifing that (normal) is at 12 o'clock.

@Fullenglishpint.. yea the sound was terrible. turns out that i just had a bad habbit of turning the gain dial all the way right to compensate for my LOW SPEAKER VOLUME! which i always keep on low. haha rookie mistake

@Mr.Drummer.Boy.. I'm an idiot. thankks for the input though

i also have another question..

Does this ever happen to you? When i pull up traktor and load up a song and play it in either deck a or b the song picks up speed for about 3 or 5 seconds then goes normal. This repeats throughout the whole song. Ive tried to restore the original bpm by Shift+Centering the tempo faders?(don't know what their called). But doing so doesn't work at all. I just restart it a couple times then It'll go away... just wondering if theirs a way to fix the problem so that it wont come up again.

*This problem occurs about 1 out of every 5 times i open Traktor

is the tempo fader in the software moving when it happens?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

you know im not sure because i selected not to have it visable in the settings menu. I'll make the faders visible so that in the future when i run into the problem i will be able to see if they move or not.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tynanissquare View Post
    It just seems like a hassle to turn the gain knob clockwise to 100% everytime i swith tracks (on either decks). I have the 1.4 arcade se with the most up to date mapping. Has anyone else experienced this?
    The problem that I have that's like this is that "auto-gain" resets the gain knob, but I constantly use the gain knob like a vinyl DJ does, to control the overall pre fader level of the track. If I start using the gain this way in the mix and haven't touched it since mixing in, the gain suddenly jumps to wherever the knob is physically located. Oops. I've had to get in the habit of explicitly wiggling the gain every time I mix in. I suppose I could just turn off auto gain, but it's actually pretty close most of the time..

!!! AWESOMER !!!

@fullenglishpint..
    It's my vci's time of the month again and its actin up. No, the tempo fader doesn't move when my tracks start to speed up. Also the bpm remains that same when this happeneds