boss DD-7 + Xone 92

Default boss DD-7 + Xone 92

Hey guys, probably this has been covered before but im getting really confused about the diference between AUX and SEND/RETURN.
    could someone please help me and tell me which is the easiest way to get this connected and how to use it properly.

thanks!!

IIRC Send/return is designed for use with an external fx unit.

You send the audio signal, out through whatever box of tricks you've got connected and back into the mixer, which then sends it out to the master out ...

Aux just means auxilary - I usually see it on the back of amps ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

What he said. S/R is for routing your audio from one channel or the master to an external effector. AUX can be several different things, I'm not sure which one you're referring to.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

at the back of the mixer there is AUX and S/R... i want to know where do i plug the 1/4 TRG and then where to connect it in the DD-7 (input/output). in general i want to know HOW to connect it and how to use it.

thanks again

The 92 doesn't have a simple assignable S/R like the DJM series, and unfortunately A&H have taken the manual off their website so I can't look it up myself. If you have your copy of the manual I'm sure it'll be in there.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Student

my college tutor mentioned that if you crank the gain on the input of the mixer coming back in from the DD7, it could cause the DD7 to blow.

this is due to an impedance mismatch, as the effects pedal is designed for very low level signals, ie. a signal from an electric guitar and the mixer is trying to draw a very large signal from the DD7 output.

anyone have any thoughts/experience of this?