Officialy Made the switch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Officialy Made the switch

I have officialy made the switch from Virtual DJ to Traktor! I just uninstalled VDJ and now feel comfortable with traktor, still learning to barely look at my scream and listen to the music but I'll get there!!!

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Congratulations.

Why did you make the switch?
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Tech Wizard

Virtual DJ holds you back on so many things. The things I saw that it geld me back on is actually beatmatching. Also, the double wave form on top of virtual DJ makes it so you depend on it to know when to transition when you news to know the song instead of wave form

jeez, talk about beatin a dead cat What is it that makes traktor so much better? How does VDJ hold you back on beatmatching, and what are the other drawbacks? I mean, why dont u just use a different skin without the double waveform? Or just dont look at it? It just sounds to me like fanboyish behavior... uuuh i got traktor, i am a better DJ now. IMO its about skillz not the program u use. no pun intended. I´d just like to know

btw, whats your setup anyways?
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

Quote Originally Posted by greatmesk View Post
    jeez, talk about beatin a dead cat What is it that makes traktor so much better? How does VDJ hold you back on beatmatching, and what are the other drawbacks? I mean, why dont u just use a different skin without the double waveform? Or just dont look at it? It just sounds to me like fanboyish behavior... uuuh i got traktor, i am a better DJ now. IMO its about skillz not the program u use. no pun intended. I´d just like to know

btw, whats your setup anyways?

because Traktor has proven to be stable... at least for me.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

cool.. thats why VDJ is chosen to be the best DJ Software at WMC 2010 Its not the software, its the user. Sounds familiar?

known fact, VDJ never crashed on me once, Traktor did. Which Version of VDJ did you guys use, just out of curiosity?

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Haha I waited for you to jump in Arne.

VDJ is cool, most people know that. No need to defend it but thanks for clearing up some common misconceptions about it.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

I heard that demons in VDJ make it impossible to turn off automix, and that every time you fire it up a cute little kitten gets kidney failure.

Just, you know, on the grape vine.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

muahaha, good one there FEP

on a serious note, i totally do not dislike traktor, i know what it can do and what it can not. I admit, there are some features inside traktor pro 2 that i would soooo love to have inside VDJ, but also vice versa. For example, the loop recorder, or VDJ´s capability of more decks, VST FX, the mapping capabilities, ableton rewire inside TP. I could go on all day. In the end i think both are great

I´d just like to hear one good reason for switching programs. All of the before said reasons could well be solved inside of VDJ... except it was the free home version or a cracked version thats 5 years old. Than i dont consider it switching, than its more like the really first real baby steps using a DJ program. VDJ PRO 7 FULL is on a whole other level than the home version

@ hedge, yeah u know me, who elso would do, if not me?

I started on VDJ and my best mate still uses it (v6 with some weird skin), but I just don't like it any more. Got nothing against people who use it though, personal preference.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast