Got a gig coming up in the next week or so where the opening dj has dropped out who was going to be playing a bitta pop shizzle, I decided to take on this role along with my own 2 hour electro-step set at the end after an hour from a dubstep dj. Never really got into pop and didnt think i had many songs untill my girlfriend pointed out all the ministry of sound cd's she had bought me...

I started to freestyle this stuff which included artists like dizzy rascal, calvin harris, deadmau5, kesha, gaga. Just by finding a good starting point and pressing play, and never realised how easy all this type of music mixes, out of 2 hours and about 30 songs there was only one mix that i didnt really like but managed to gater the shit over it and make it sound like a mashup.

What im basically writting to see is who else often does this?? Freestyles stuff they wouldnt play normally?? Like i hate being a narrowminded dj but I just dont like chart music, I like to give the people songs they havent heard that will drive them mad trying to find them. But this chart session was a lot of fun and had me dancing and the missus said that people go mad for that kind of music since most of them are re edits and mashups