[OT] Tour de France - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    I agree. Voekler looked like he was going to attack like 3 or 4 times. Got out of the saddle pushing it. I kept yelling at the screen for him to just sit in!
    I was thinking the same thing. I think that just goes to how slow slow the big names were really going as well. I still think Voekler will be decimated in the alps. Hopefully he can hold on to a top 10 because he'll never be allowed that much time in a break again.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I was surprised there were more attacks honestly. But its just because they were all watching each other afraid to make moves and get dropped. Andy went a number of times and couldn't get away. I was surprised that someone didn't attack right after they bridged to him on maybe the 2 or 3rd attack. Smart move by Sachez to gain a few seconds on everyone though. I think he knocked contador down a spot thanks to his little break.

As far as the big names go Evans is ahead and the best in the time trial so he's thinking he doesn't need to do anything. Contador is waiting for the alps and Riis pretty much announced that in an interview. The Schlecks on the other hand confuse me. They need time, attacked way to early today (you don't get the time they need in 3k though) and can't seem configure what to do in general. Frank seemed to have taken to much out of the bank yesterday so these next few days will be good for him.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    my cards are all with Schleck

Wise - Andy or Franck?

Ask me in eight days

Libran?
    356 reasons why

Well done Cav - and they say he can't come from that far out! (BTW - new rules for the green jersey AGAIN next year). Voeckler is going to be declared a saint, and so he should. My 'unsung hero' (sure you'll agree Chris) - Big George. Did you you notice how many times his name cropped up? Cadel has a lot to thank him for.
    356 reasons why

Cav was one minute inside the elimination time the day before. To come back after pushing that hard in the mountains is just amazing. I've always been a huge Hincapie fan, the man epitomizes what teamwork and peleton leadership should be.

I think Voekler's ace in the hole is that he can go downhill faster than anybody. I look for him to attack at the top of the cat 1 climb tomorrow and descend like a madman. I think he can get a minute on the descent and maybe hold 30 seconds of it up the final climb and the final descent. I also think the five HC climbs over the next two days though will do him in, but that's what they said about Greg LeMond.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Wow!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Wow!!
    That says it all Chris - didn't see THAT one coming!
    356 reasons why

Makes perfect sense though and Contador, or more likely Riis is a genius. They probably couldn't have done that on a steep incline because Andy can climb better. When it was angled up, but not as steep he's not as dangerous.

Guess Andy found out it sucks to race against your previous director.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Makes perfect sense though and Contador, or more likely Riis is a genius. They probably couldn't have done that on a steep incline because Andy can climb better. When it was angled up, but not as steep he's not as dangerous.Guess Andy found out it sucks to race against your previous director.
    The Riis/Contador alliance is shrewd. Andy looks VERY grumpy. Big George AGAIN holding it together for Cadel, Voeckler continuing to impress, Thor's thunder. Damn its getting exciting. I think your prediction on the individual TT being crucial may be prophetic.
    356 reasons why

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast