Foreign Power supply... question ??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Foreign Power supply... question ??

Hi all,

Ok just found another more appealing laptop on ebay but its got a powerpack with a foreign plug on it (i'm in UK).

Can i just use an uk adaptor or better still wire on a UK plug myself. Is this possible or is there issues with the power ratings ?

Id contact Dell and buy one made for your country that suits that laptop model - cant go wrong then.

Hi MMM,

You don't say where you are from only where the laptop is coming from.

I am in the UK and some years ago on a trip to U.S.A. I bought a Sony Vaio laptop. Because the laptop had a transformer between the plug and laptop I was able to just cut the US style plug off and replace with a UK plug - it has been fine and this laptop has been good to me for over 7 years.

I have a Dell too and the power supply is a very similar kind so I would assume it to be ok, but as BentoSan says it would be easy to get the correct power supply if you wanted that option.

Yep makes sense I was just wondering if the internals of the laptop maybe any diffrerent meaning I could harm it using ity in this country ... Cheers guys

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Yep makes sense I was just wondering if the internals of the laptop maybe any diffrerent meaning I could harm it using ity in this country ... Cheers guys
    The laptops themself are standard world wide, its only the power adapters that change - this makes it really easy for notebook company to distribute a product worldwide and not have to make a new model for each country.

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARVELOUS !!! I already have my own uk power adaptors for thsi model from my old company ... BONUS!!!!

LOLz... This is the Latitude D620 right?
    (Have exactly the same one from my current company. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

d630

I ended up wining it

its a t8300 2.4ghz 2gb ram work horse .. should do me good just to run traktor pro on me thinks.

Question ... can you run traktor and Ableton on the same laptop ( talking smart mixing here )

Cheers
    Gav

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    d630

I ended up wining it

its a t8300 2.4ghz 2gb ram work horse .. should do me good just to run traktor pro on me thinks.

Question ... can you run traktor and Ableton on the same laptop ( talking smart mixing here )

Cheers
    Gav
    Yeah it should be able to, you might want to upgrade it with more ram though as you will be eating alot using both Traktor and Ableton at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Yeah it should be able to, you might want to upgrade it with more ram though as you will be eating alot using both Traktor and Ableton at the same time.
    Eye, thats the plan I was thinkin More RAM and Bigger hard drive but its not all nessasary straight away can wait for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast