Recent Problems w/ Traktor Pro 2 ... Anyone else?

Default Recent Problems w/ Traktor Pro 2 ... Anyone else?

I just noticed i'm having some major problems with the beat grid and metronome features in TP2. For example one of the problems is with the metronome when I play songs around 100BPM and lower the metronome wont tick on every count it will only tick on the 1st of every 4 counts or it will skip just random ticks. Tho with faster BPM's of like 140 in that range there is no problem.

Now the 2nd problem is with the beat grid in TP2. When I choose to load certain songs into any deck(all my songs are analyzed using mixed in key with the BPM saved to the track) some songs will appear with a different BPM in TP2 once loaded into a deck. for example i'll load a song that is suppose to be a BPM of 73.00 but it comes up in traktor as 72.50 and sometimes even more off than that. as well as sometimes when the BPM is lower around 70.00 the metronome wont tick at all but as soon as you go to a song that doubles that BPM it works fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    thanks,
    - mike
    Last edited by mikeisnorml; 06-30-2011 at 11:20 PM.

When you say the Beatgrid is off, have you actually looked at the grid itself to see if it's correctly positioned on the beats? If it is, and it says the track is 72.5 bpm, then it's right. You should trust a properly set beatgrid more than MIK's bpm detection.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Sometimes i think I hear the issue with missing ticks. Not sure what that would be. As far as BPM detection I would trust traktor over MIK because Traktor is what you're DJ'ing with. Adding in a third party BPM that just adds a number that you can't really use in any way other than as a reference is kind of pointless in my opinion.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Nick V View Post
    The metronome clicks being inaudible on some tracks is a known issue.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=138897
    Good yet not to see i'm not the only one with this issue... hopefully NI will be putting out an update soon fixing this bug.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    When you say the Beatgrid is off, have you actually looked at the grid itself to see if it's correctly positioned on the beats? If it is, and it says the track is 72.5 bpm, then it's right. You should trust a properly set beatgrid more than MIK's bpm detection.
    yes the beat grid is locked in the correct place. thanks for the opinions with MIK.

The metronome clicks being inaudible on some tracks is a known issue.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=138897