should I buy Traktor Pro?

Default should I buy Traktor Pro?

I just thought I would get some opinions on here.

I have Traktor 3.4 and really like it. I don't have any problems with glitching or most other abnormalities that people report. I don't like the effects selection in Traktor 3, but I don't have too much problem with the other features. I guess the GUI could look a little better.

I have tried out the Traktor Pro demo and all I can get out of my brief time with it is that it looks a ton better and has much better effects to choose from, although it still lacks on effect that I always want (panning)

It seems to work well but I am afraid that a purchase means that I will surely join the "glitch club" when I start using it.

Another thing I did not like is that it totally screwed up my mp3s. What the hell? It removed tagging information and cover art that I had put in manually one by one.

So I feel like should I spend $99 upgrade fee just for better looks and more effects?

What are the reasons I should buy it. What are the reasons I shouldn't?

Anyone and everyone... thanks for your opinions.

ps: I guess I should add that I will call my experience level (intentional intermediate) that means I have used the software for about a year and I don't think I will ever use extremely advanced tricks and features. I like looping, effects, and things like that, but I don't see myself bouncing between cue points to make a song sound like a new song or something like that for example. I just mix simple 4 on the floor styles of music and yes I use sync. It's not like my X-Session Pro could move the pitch faders accurately enough if I wanted to anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Flow View Post
    It's not like my X-Session Pro could move the pitch faders accurately enough if I wanted to anyway.
    You can actually fix this issue. Add a new setting, its called Fine Pitch and midi it to your pitch faders. Also try changing the fine pitch to 6 or 8%. you should see the difference.

In regards to T-Pro, I gave it a good try last night (had it 5 day b4 released date) and its still not working to my tatse :::cough::: like T3. If you have $99 to kill give it a shot. I have faith that in 6 months the program will be running rock solid.

I hope the the fine pitch helps you out, and you keep it rocking 3.4!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I should add I also hate how doing the upgrade will make me lose T3.4 forever so I can't go back to it if I am unhappy.

Thanks for the fader tips.

You can keep 3.4! I have T3.4, TS, and T-Pro all on the same machine.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I also upgraded from Traktor 3.4 to Pro and it does not erase 3.4, you can use either one.
    DJ N8
    "Eat, drink and be merry. For tomorrow we die" -DMB

Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Flow View Post

I have tried out the Traktor Pro demo and all I can get out of my brief time with it is that it looks a ton better and has much better effects to choose from, although it still lacks on effect that I always want (panning)
    You can pan decks in TPro.
    Are there times when you are mixing and you think - 'I wish I could do that?'. If you can in TPro then maybe you should upgrade. With me it was more FX, and quantized cue-jumping. Having said that, I'm still using Traktor Scratch until I hear about the stability of TPro 1.1.

Oh, and yeah, hi everybody

Sorry to doubt you guys, but are you serious? I thought when you pay for an upgrade of software, the upgrade installation overwrites your previous version. I thought the only way to have both was to buy a normal copy of Traktor Pro not an upgrade purchase.

[QUOTE=lethal_pizzle;29425]You can pan decks in TPro.

I meant an auto-panning effect, not manually moving knobs to pan.

[QUOTE=Synaptic Flow;29427]
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    You can pan decks in TPro.

I meant an auto-panning effect, not manually moving knobs to pan.
    Aha. Now I understand.

TPro is a seperate install and can coexist with Traktor 3.