Love

Thread: Love

Tech Guru

Default Love

I have feel in love all over again. I recently purchased an Audio 6 from another user on these boards and another turntable. I quickly upgraded my TP2 to TSP2 and I have fallen in love with DJing all over again.

I have always loved vinyl. I have been collecting it for a few years both EDM and other genres. I have played around with many controllers but nothing beats tweaking the spindle and nudging the record along. For the first time I feel like this is how I was supposed to be doing it. The mixes feel like I'm mixing. I'm not hitting sync to get them matched up although for now I am using the Phase meter to tell if there not in sync but I plan to practice with that turned off. I have so many mapping ideas for my DDM4000 to allow me to get the best of both worlds.

I am considering getting rid of my DDM4000 and APC's in order to finance a Traktor S4 but I don't know if that's the way I wanna go. The S4 is a 4 deck controller and I already have so much gear that does all of the same things. It would only clean up my setup and make it smaller. I don't know I'll give it the end of the month and possibly jump on the S4 deal going on now and sell off my current copy of TSP2 and other gear well see but for now I just plan on enjoying playing again.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Man, bartboy...another similarity between us! I had noticed that we both just bought equipment from the same forum member, we're both rocking ddm4k's (and hd-25's!), and just like you, I've been wondering for a very long time if I should save up (and sell my current setup) to switch to mc6000 (s4 for you) or not. The mc6000 would consolidate my setup. But I love the control that all the different equipment gives me as well! Just thought I'd say that I'm in the same shoes as you :-P I'm giving my decision a couple months as well.

Tech Guru

My problem now is I have the APC20+40 that I have been working on this giant mapping for and I have the APC40 almost done. But where does that fit in with my new setup? I can't possibly lug around all this gear to house parties. Then again I can't really be lugging 50 pounds of turntables around to easily either. I love my APC's they are great but when I DJ with them it just doesn't feel right. It feels almost sterile. Like I'm doing the motions but not.

I think I may finish off the mapping and post it at the very least it like 60% done. Maybe just keep the APC80 combo for playing out for now and keep on loving my home setup. Just need to find the time to sit down and do it. That's my goal this week is to redo my setup and find a place to fit it all in and get the mapping done.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

I dont see the point in using an APC80 rig for traktor... then again I am using Padi's mapping which give almost total control over everything on 1 apc40
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--