chuffed!

Thread: chuffed!

Default chuffed!

just thought i'd share my joy with you guys, havent been djing long (just under 6 months!), and just been doing a fairly quiet thursday night at a club, i was asked to do a u18's night on friday, there were 600 kids, in a 4 hour set and its fair to say i was sh**ting myself, anyway it all went well, afterwards, the club was hosting a d&b night as a 1 off event in the main room, early on a lot of regulars were still turning up and not really wanting that genre, so the owner asked me to stay on and open the ground floor and keep them satisfied, of course i jumped at the chance, rocked out the filth electro and house, with a few classics thrown in, and absolutely smashed it, in fact the d&b finished @ 4am and i was still going till 5! but christ i never realised how mentally tiring spinning for 11 hours would be! had a great time though and ive been asked to do all kids nights from now on and the first room on any special events.

sorry for the essay just wanted to share with some folks that would appreciate it like i did.

good job man wish i had tat opportunity thrown at me

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

11 hours is a long time to spin!!! My first gig was a u18 club.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Well done, sounds like you killed it!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

cheers guys, it felt like a lot less than 11 hours at the time but afterwards i was shattered lol, just been asked to do a charity event next week at the same club too so all's looking good, im by no means an amazing dj and made a few cock ups on the night but still its the only way to learn i think, still got a very very long way to go!