How to connect Serato to Denon DN-X120?
    Tech Convert

Default How to connect Serato to Denon DN-X120?

Hello all,

I just recently bought the Numark Mixdeck and everything's working fine.

I currently do not have amp speakers and am just using computer speakers (Harmon Soundsticks III). I recently bought 6 ft 1/8 3.5mm Mini Plug to 2-RCA Stereo Audio Cable b/c I knew I'd need them. But all this does is allow me to connect the Red & White wires into the Numark Mixdeck master, but and then gives me a 3.5mm plug to connect to my computer...but I don't get how that'll help me play music through my computer or through my computer speakers? Especially through my Harmon Soundsticks iii, is there a such wire that has the hole for where 3.5mm wires go into and then goes to 2-RCA Stereo Audio Cable? I think that is what I need. Thanks in advance.

Tech Convert

Would this work?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-40424-Stereo-Y-Cable/dp/B001B8QUS6"]Amazon.com: Cables To Go 40424 Stereo F/M RCA Y-Cable (6 Inches, Black): Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21snIaZcXTL.@@AMEPARAM@@21snIaZcXTL[/ame]

First of all, Serato Scratch Live or Serato Itch? If you're hooking up to Scratch Live, you need a Rane soundcard connected for the program to work (Serato SL1, SL2, SL3, SL4, Rane 68 or TTM57SL). For Itch you need an Itch controller which should also have a soundcard in it. Now whatever of the above options you're using, you will have RCA connections on the soundcard to send to your mixer, and the card will connect to your computer via USB. That's step 1. As for step 2, it sounds like you already have the cable you need - 2 RCA (male) to 1 3.5mm mini plug (male) since your speakers take a mini plug for input. Granted, the sound quality in this setup is not going to be great (the 2 RCA to 3.5mm cable is intended to spit a stereo signal, not combine one and aside from that it's an unbalanced cable going into your speakers), but given the equipment you have, that's how you would hook it up.

So, laptop -(usb)-> soundcard -(RCA)-> mixer -(2 RCA to 3.5mm)-> speakers.

Let us know if you have any other questions.