Traktor S4 ?? Warning ???
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor S4 ?? Warning ???

Hey everyone when I go to analyze a track in traktor I'm getting a : WARNING: ID3 tag could not be written from freeagent drive:system: (my track name) ... Can anyone tell me what this is ??? These files are off my external hard drive and there the same tracks from my PC laptop with my old traktor ?? Could it be that I locked the files on my old traktor ?? Thanks

Have you made the files read only on the external drive?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Mentor

Yes threw the old traktor on my PC ?? Not on my new MacBook pro tho ?? How can I change it ??

Right click the folder they're in, click Get Info and then change the permissions at the bottom of that window.
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

Tech Mentor

Should I do that in the new traktor s4 software or the old traktor or in the external hard drive ??

Quote Originally Posted by djmikeD View Post
    Should I do that in the new traktor s4 software or the old traktor or in the external hard drive ??
    On the drive chap ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Or more correctly on the files on the drive ...

Sounds like you're using a Mac, so here's the deal:

Since you said you used this drive with your PC, I assume it's formatted as NTFS. Macs cannot write to NTFS without additional software/drivers like http://macntfs-3g.blogspot.com/ (Tuxera NTFS for Mac). The other option is to format the drive as FAT32 (cannot hold files larger than 4GB and requires a wipe of your data first) or format it as HFS+ (again requires a wipe; this is the Mac hard drive format and cannot be read on Windows without software like Macdrive or an equivalent). The most ideal options are to use one of the other formats, because NTFS3G for Mac isn't 100% stable and could result in loss of data. It's a pain, but those are your options.

One final possibility is to take the files off of the external and write them to your local disk, but that obviously makes the external less useful.

Tech Guru

if you have already beat gridded and locked them in a different version of traktor, this will happen the first time u load it into a deck...its nothing to worry about
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,