[Speakers] Found a deal, need opinions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default [Speakers] Found a deal, need opinions.

Hey there,

Me and my roommate are looking to spend around 300 euro's on a new set of "speakers".

I've been DJing for a while now, just a bedroom DJ for now, and i've been playing with this old Sony speakerset. Theyre 100w's, can give some proper sound but we can't crack em up a little loud or they tend to crack or just can't handle the sound.

I've been bidding on some KRK RP6 G2's, and i've found a local deal. They've barely been used, come with original boxes and receipt.

We agreed on a 300 euro deal for the 2 of them.

Now, i'm just wondering this last thing. Are they good for use as DJing and listening to music on the couch? I do it in the living room and its about 34 square metres. Should we be worried about the Bass they produce, or will it be more than loud enough in our living room. We won't throw the volume up real high (Neighbours, we live in the middle appartment) but we do want to feel the bass at times (they don't complain TOO quickly )

Will the KRK6's be a good choice for both DJing and just some living room relaxation?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

specs on speakers please, too lazy to find them myself

Tech Mentor

These are good nearfield monitors and are a nice choice for home dj monitors and as a pair of stereo speakers. they won't put out earth-shattering levels or lows (roughly 45k) but for most small to medium living rooms they are lovely. I also like the alesis m1active in this price range.

edit-also if you want to increase the low end make sure you put them on solid stands (pref. filled with sand) close to a wall. closer to a wall/corner and the more low end you'll get.

Tech Mentor

Thats what i thought Sardu!

Any more opinions?

i believe you can get a matching sub if u are worried about bass, recently sold mine because i needed the money for other things

KRK RP6 G2's....300 Euro....

Thats a decent price.

Not sure what they usually go for there....but here they about R3000 second hand.

Thats roughly the same price.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

^^^ thats about right

Tech Mentor

i got the smaller G5's and they're more than enough for a living room...havent turned them over about 1/3 of the volume so far (had around 20 ppl in my living room, which is around 25m2)
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Tech Mentor

New they're about 220 each here, so 440 for a new set. (And they're limited editions white's, but i dont really care about that)

Sounds like i should go for it.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

They'll do fine in a living room.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast