Does any one use a kensington lock whilst playing out
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Does any one use a kensington lock whilst playing out

Question above pretty much? Playing live in a fairly rough place so decided to buy a lock to tether my mixer and laptop together just to make it a bit harder for a grab and run.... Anyone else lock up stuff??
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Never thought about doing that. Good idea though.
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Tech Guru

I only thought about it since normally id setup and play... This specific gig i have to setup...at like 6 and wont be on till 11, other djs will be using stuff and bands will be play plus the booth is kinda out of the way so means someone could grab the laptop and hide it under a coat... At least with it attached to my mixer/ and ancor if i can... Makes it harder to carry+hide
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Never thought about it, suppose it depends on the venue and gig Your playing, might give it a think in the future though for different places
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Tech Guru

It was grand though i went to pc world looking for one... It priced at 30 euro each (was thinking of getting 2 as controller and laptop both have slots) 30 was rather expensive... Asked if they sold usb lights and the sales dude said no but to try the 2 euro store... Went there ans got the light and 2 locks for 6 euro ha what a bargain

Dude, what venues do you go to where no one asks a question if a punter goes up and starts packing up gear?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

Haha its a one off thing... There will be loads of bands moving shit around throughout the night... Rappers performing and i dont want to be watching/in the secluded booth all night since randomers may be in and out of it as the night goes on.... Just a bit more peace of mind if i need a toilet break or fag

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I had a friend that went to a boat show once wearing a shirt for a prop manufacturer. He went up to a boat took a prop off and walked out. I imagine if someone had some headphones around their neck it would look pretty normal for them to be packing gear up.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I had a friend that went to a boat show once wearing a shirt for a prop manufacturer. He went up to a boat took a prop off and walked out. I imagine if someone had some headphones around their neck it would look pretty normal for them to be packing gear up.
    LOL HELLLA SKETCHY FRIEND lol.

I do lock my stuff up Im from the bay area.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The amount of people that always try coming into the dj booth saying there a dj also with cans round there neck... Pretty sure itd look logical to other people to see them packing up stuff. So deff goina be locking up stuff from now on, its a shame my friends wont be making it to this gig but oh well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast