New residency - Need creative ideas?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default New residency - Need creative ideas?

Hey everybody, Recently I got asked to have a residency at a club in my local area on Friday nights. It previously had another owner and now under new management changes are going to take place. Friday nights are very competitive in my area as the area it is located has the most bars/clubs per square foot of any street in North America, mind you the street is not very long and some of the bars are old pubs which would not neccesarily consider as direct competition.

I spin mostly Electro-Pop, Hip-Hop, Electro, Top 40 stuff. It is a slightly below medium sized two story club with lots of cool lighting that sets it apart from other bars.

Basically I am looking for some fresh new ideas to get people in the club. Promotional tactics, a catchy name for the Friday residency etc, just some things to set it apart.
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Guru

After the embarrasing jersey shore "fist pumping" contests usually get people in for either bragging right or to have a look at morons , either that or a party rock "shufflin" contest... These are regular things at pups i play in... .... If worst comes to worse pack your music collect with some amazing songs... Will beat a dj with creative ideas any day
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Mentor

Use the net to promote the club and girls no pay-entry

Tech Guru

Haha i hate when clubs do that... Its such a sexist act...
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Yeah!

Get the girls there...and the guys follow automatically.

Free Shooter for each girl that arrives.

.....works!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Abyrne7 View Post
    @ DJ Stiffy, you need to chill man I don't like being disrpected over a comment you obviously took the wrong way or came off wrong. I contribute to this forum just as much as the next guy

And to others about the Top 40 comments. I play music I like, and I do like some top 40 music nowadays. Alot of it has an electro hip-hop vibe that I dig (others may not). I find that alot of the "mainstream music" recently is becoming more interesting while alot of the Electro beats I listened to for years are just seeming more and more monotonous and lacking variety. Thats just my opinion I wouldn't call myself a top 40 DJ in any sence and I do think the night will differ from just your regular top 40 club.

But ya a costume party or a theme party might be a good idea. I read on another thread... 5 ladies come together and get a free bottle of champaigne...that may atract a shit load of girls and fellas alike.
    plus any time we did a fancy dress night in the past you dont have people floating in and out , once its fancy dress and no other clubs have the same idea that night people kind of have to stay... prizes for best dressed and that shizzle... then again people may feel trapped and not turn up wearing fancy dress... could go either way I guess

And peace dude... didnt mean to take it the wrong day

Tech Guru

Hummmm... anything besides the obvious. Any promoters here at DJTT
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

geezz...well....i won't help again!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Alright man i got you, Whats your dj name or name you go by?
    for promo ideas, make a cool poster and put it as your personal profile pic on facebook.
    what time your club closes? do a no cover for girls until 10pm
    Costume parties get a huge crowd of hot girls in my area. you can do a blackout party. no lights all neon and blaklights. the theme could be anything for the blackout, "nurse costumes" for girls, "docs" for the guys, or the girls could have a "cat" theme.

best dress girl gets VIP for her and two people for an hour.
    talk to the bar and see what deal they get on liquor. maybe $1 tequila shots (tequila is usually the cheapest)

another idea....
    I read your club has alot of cool lighting.
    "Friday night lights"
    promote a huge light show that one friday a month.
    drink specials. Also you can get your club on wanttickets.com
    so people can pre-order.

hit me up if you need anything man. this was just a quick rough draft for you.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Play good music.simple

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast