External Controller / Mixer

Default External Controller / Mixer

I've been spinning for 30 years and have made many changes in equipment over my carrier. I was one of the dj's that refused to use cd's when they came out and was dedicated to my 1,200's. Still am, but The digital age is in full force and I truly love it! I did eventually use cd's and loved it. Now it's the age of mp3's and this is even better. I experimented 2 years ago with the Behringer BCD 3000 and didn't like it. That led me to Numark Total Control of which I have been using for a year to get me more acclimated into this area of spinning and this controller has it's own issues. I am now looking for the next controller in my digital evolution. What I would like to see is a controller something like the Pioneer DJM-800 mixer with jog wheels. I make heavy use of looping, samples, effects and I use video too but don't have to. I know pioneer has the SVM-1000 for the price of a small car. FORGET IT! I currently use the Numark AVM02 in one of the clubs I spin at when I'm not using the total control, but I want looping, sampling etc. I would like a few suggestions on what some of the most sophisticated software out there is along with compatible controller. I have a pair of the Pioneer DVJ-1000's and they are really nice, but I am soooooo disappointed with Pioneer that the DVJ-1000's are not usb compatible and will not control any software. BOO.................. The looping must have a way to trim it on the front end or back end on the fly and allow me to start or end the loop anywhere I want. NOT where the software thinks the loop should start or end based on the beat like total control. The DVJ-1000's loop feature and trim are great.A new club is opening up in town in a couple months of which I am in charge if buying all the equipment so I'm open to suggestion. Thanks...Jerry
    Last edited by jsgrid; 02-13-2009 at 04:08 AM.

Pretty sure Traktor and the MIDI controller(s) of your choice will do all of the above - i'd recommend a VCI-100... Not just because I like personally but there's countless millions of posts/articles about both on this site... enjoy
    Save money on binoculars - Simply move closer to the object you intend to view!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Traktor with any MIDI controller that transmits MIDI can do what you need easily.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

If you want the same control you have with your cd players why not use Scratch Live or Traktor Scratch.