Gay Night
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gay Night

Tech Mentor

Default Gay Night

So I was asked to DJ at a new Gay Night happening in my local town. It was a lowed paid gig as its only the start of the nights and I knew this but agreed to do it as I wanted to experience and DJ to different scenes etc.

Well now shit has hit the fan and without knowing it the date is tomorrow and has crept up on me. Until now I was meant to go out and check out a similar local night but never had the time in the end.

Anyone familiar with these kind of nights and can suggest must have recent tunes/ and vibe to set on the night. It is mostly chart top 40 but dont want to get down and not have any must have anthems of the moment lol

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by manus View Post
    So I was asked to DJ at a new Gay Night happening in my local town. It was a lowed paid gig as its only the start of the nights and I knew this but agreed to do it as I wanted to experience and DJ to different scenes etc.

Well now shit has hit the fan and without knowing it the date is tomorrow and has crept up on me. Until now I was meant to go out and check out a similar local night but never had the time in the end.

Anyone familiar with these kind of nights and can suggest must have recent tunes/ and vibe to set on the night. It is mostly chart top 40 but dont want to get down and not have any must have anthems of the moment lol
    I would stick with the female side of top 40, brittney, rihanna, aguilerra, etc

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Don't forget Lady Gaga. You can drop a couple of more modern disco edits (not YMCA) in there and you should be good.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Yea lady gaga and Beyonce etc where main priorities but didnt want to miss anyone or forget any of the biggies for tomorrow night.

Lady gaga, brittany spears, and katie perry are MUSTS. I have some gay friends and their music is on loop at their apartments haha. but ya, throw some disco house in too and you'll be good
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think Cerrone just released a new remix album, but I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Be careful not to go overboard on the disco a few good ones through the night should be fine.

Check Scissor Sisters to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nb7LQ-X1QE
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

I sub at a Gay bar when the resident cant play. It's really fun. I got them into some electro and dance remixes of top 40 crap. Check out the DMX cd release on bit torrent sites, DJ Mebbe torrent pack.

Also, this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxUpN9QyK2w

Tech Mentor

Cheers guys for all the suggestions. Really helpful Keep them coming. Listening over the track now

I fucking love electric six. What the fuck has that dickhead done to gay bar?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Don't forget to play:
    Wham! - club tropicana
    Elton john - rocket man
    Bonnie tyler - i need a hero
    Whitney houston - i wanna dance with somebody
    Donna summer - i feel love

All time fave:
    Lionell richie - all night long
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast