Melodic Drum & Bass
    Tech Wizard

Cool Melodic Drum & Bass

First time I've done something like this, let me know what you think!
    Atac Dubstep soundcloud. Thick, melodic dubstep!

Check it out and tell me what you think!

Interesting... I think you were on the right track at the beginning of the track, and was building up to something good....then the drop hits and i am dissapointed. I can feel dubstep elements creeping in.... And as far as melody, there really isnt much melody here at all. Now that im done being a negative nancy, this track is not bad at all by any means. its just that i dont think this should be considered Melodic d&b (I know, because i specialize in mixing strictly melodic dnb...and i used to produce it as well).

I do think maybe you want to venture into a more melodic side as i see that you produce melodic dubstep as well. Have you heard of producers like Feint, TwoThirds, Bustrexx? Check out some of their melodic d&b tunes... maybe that will give u a bit more inspiration for another track. Ill be looking forward to any new tunes you come up with.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiExcel View Post
    Interesting... I think you were on the right track at the beginning of the track, and was building up to something good....then the drop hits and i am dissapointed. I can feel dubstep elements creeping in.... And as far as melody, there really isnt much melody here at all. Now that im done being a negative nancy, this track is not bad at all by any means. its just that i dont think this should be considered Melodic d&b (I know, because i specialize in mixing strictly melodic dnb...and i used to produce it as well).

I do think maybe you want to venture into a more melodic side as i see that you produce melodic dubstep as well. Have you heard of producers like Feint, TwoThirds, Bustrexx? Check out some of their melodic d&b tunes... maybe that will give u a bit more inspiration for another track. Ill be looking forward to any new tunes you come up with.
    Not about to argue semantics, but to me melodic does not necessarily mean melodically complex. In bass music (dnb/dubstep), it has become somewhat rare that an entire tune is based/structured around one or more melodies. To me, this is melodic, because a couple different melodies are the basis and skeleton for the entire track.

Anyways, thank you for the listen and the support!
    As well as the tip offs to new music, I'm always up for something new to rock out to.

EDIT: These guys make some awesome tunes. I love dnb but have yet to really get into it since I've been so preoccupied with dubstep. Downloading some of their tunes from their soundcloud's now Thanks again!
    Last edited by Atac; 07-08-2011 at 11:36 AM.

While this isn't what I expected melody-wise, it's still a great tune. Keep it up!
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

i really like it too.. i would definately spin it
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the listen and feedback guys!

And to weltraumpapst, if you email me at Atacdubstep@gmail.com, I can send you the 320 if you would like to play this one out

I would make it downloadable, but I think I'm saving this one for a forthcoming EP later this year.