Techno, House - Newb help - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Agreed. Love the Joey Beltram, Dave Clarke & Jeff Mills stuff, still enjoy spinning those classic tracks.

I love both house & techno, but are still very different beasts.
    My Soundcloud page: Bedlamite

Yeah my comment wasn't overly serious, but as forums go it's been taken that way as usual

My comment probably more aimed at techno tech house prog minimal sections of most online record shops at mo.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    Not sure about that. Real house and real techno are still very different things.
    +1. But there's too damn many different subgenres within each to keep straight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"
    http://www.mixcloud.com/robindore/

Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bastard View Post
    Not sure about that. Real house and real techno are still very different things.
    Very True
    House:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QzbYWQbUmE

Techno:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3kfAkvB2Wc

Quote Originally Posted by coryhoskin View Post
    Hello I am usually used to spinning dubstep but i actually tried spinning what I believe is House or Techno...I honestly don't know what the difference between them is am really sorry haha but I like them both.

Anyways I really like these genres because I like being able to actually combine songs together and sometimes even have 2 songs and vocal loops on a 3rd deck. Dubsteps not really like that, 2 songs and they have be mixed during certain quieter parts.

ANYWAYS!!! I keep getting of track...the only thing is is I don't know that many songs I need some artists to form a foundation so I can't start finding more songs I like. I personally enjoy the kinda that have raw, deep, and kind of that powerful sweep sounds for the drops and what not.
    I really like Deadmou5 cause they are like that but I cant just spin Deadmou5 all the time, and I don't wanna spin songs people have heard that is no fun. If you have any artists you like to recommend besides Skrillex please do. I am falling in love with these genres and I want to be droven into the right direction. : )

Please and thank you
    did someone just say deadmou5? DEADMAU5. NO "O"!! But to answer your question you should probably go with electro house and progressive house.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Retrow View Post
    The day that house and techno are the same thing is the day i die. Just fuck off with the MC's at techno festivals nowadays, i think i'm gonna bring my tazer next time. "Put your motherfucking handz uuppp" BRAAARGH
    Sorry...I just started listening to these genres... but I feel your pain...you probably grew up around it unlike most of us.

Tech Wizard

Default You guys are missing the point

I was asking for some good tracks, but instead I got a bunch of replies about what means what. What is better than the other, Basically telling me what I should do. Now if I understand....being a DJ is not about being told what to play am I right? I am not going to go to your shows and tell you to play a certain track THATS LIKE ONE OF THE BIGGEST RULES IN DJING!

Second...Instead of telling me Im wrong you could of just posted "good" tracks for me to hear and maybe I would of liked it. You want people to play the "good" stuff but yet you won't show me what is "good".

All I wanted was some banging tracks guys!!!
    Now come on!

Quote Originally Posted by coryhoskin View Post
    Sorry...I just started listening to these genres... but I feel your pain...you probably grew up around it unlike most of us.
    Actually, most of the DJ's on this site know the difference between House & Techno. By "us" I'm assuming you're meaning the influx of newbie DJ's asking for advise about what tracks to play. Do yourself a favor and find your own sound and pick your own tracks, otherwise you're just like the myriad of "tweens" calling themselves a DJ just because they bought DeadRats latest top 10.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

I know its just hard to start with a new genre.
    Typing in a genre in youtube usually plays the worst of that genre.
    haha no what i mean.
    Last edited by coryhoskin; 07-10-2011 at 12:50 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast