Techno, House - Newb help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Techno, House - Newb help

Hello I am usually used to spinning dubstep but i actually tried spinning what I believe is House or Techno...I honestly don't know what the difference between them is am really sorry haha but I like them both.

Anyways I really like these genres because I like being able to actually combine songs together and sometimes even have 2 songs and vocal loops on a 3rd deck. Dubsteps not really like that, 2 songs and they have be mixed during certain quieter parts.

ANYWAYS!!! I keep getting of track...the only thing is is I don't know that many songs I need some artists to form a foundation so I can't start finding more songs I like. I personally enjoy the kinda that have raw, deep, and kind of that powerful sweep sounds for the drops and what not.
    I really like Deadmou5 cause they are like that but I cant just spin Deadmou5 all the time, and I don't wanna spin songs people have heard that is no fun. If you have any artists you like to recommend besides Skrillex please do. I am falling in love with these genres and I want to be droven into the right direction. : )

Please and thank you

'House or techno' - far too vague to be honest.

Deadmau5? Check out the Electro House and Tech House charts at Beatport or Juno Download.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Beatport Progressive and Tech house sections are a good place to start, listen to the tracks in the relevant chart categories and see what you like.

Beta Beatport also has lots of recommended and "customers also purchased" sections at the bottom of the page if you click on a track. This is a good place to start.

Look up some stuff on Beatport under the labels Toolroom records or Spinnin records. Some good house/tech is released under these labels i find.

http://beta.beatport.com/label/spinnin-records/1609

http://beta.beatport.com/label/toolroom-records/495

At the moment im loving the house/tech/progressive stuff that Mark Knight is coming out with.
    13" Core I7 MBP | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | 2 X Kontrol X1 | 2 X Pioneer CDJ 900's | Pioneer DJM 900 Nexus

If you fancy some Progressive/Tech house sets please check my MixCloud: http://www.mixcloud.com/jeffrey-clark/

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yeah you probably want progressive or electro house maybe some tech house, but probably not techno. At least not in it's purest form.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by coryhoskin View Post
    Hello I am usually used to spinning dubstep but i actually tried spinning what I believe is House or Techno...I honestly don't know what the difference between them is am really sorry haha but I like them both.
    Someone once said house is getting computers to make music that sounds like it has real instruments in it and techno sounds like music made on computers that sounds like it was made on computers.

Might have been a major player in the industry or just 1 of my mates on a pill up adventure though.

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    'House or techno' - far too vague to be honest.
    Not nowadays it aint! Everything seems to be merging into one
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    The day that house and techno are the same thing is the day i die. Just fuck off with the MC's at techno festivals nowadays, i think i'm gonna bring my tazer next time. "Put your motherfucking handz uuppp" BRAAARGH

Even more important to try and describe the elements of the music that you are attracted to then if unable to identify which of the myriad new microgenres they fall into!

Intensity, instruments, percussion, timbre, complexity, tightness, vocal etc
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Jack Bastard

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    Not sure about that. Real house and real techno are still very different things.

"One is the music with the straight Bumm Bumm Bumm Bumm. And the other the music with the straight Bumm Bumm Bumm Bumm, with a diva singing "Release Me ".
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast