Sample Decks in Traktor 2

Default Sample Decks in Traktor 2

So, I feel like this question is probably really, really stupid, but I haven't been able to figure this out for some reason. Part of my job is figuring shit out for myself, so coming across something that is supposed to be stupidly obvious like this really embarrasses me to have to come ask for help.

Ugh... Ok, basically, it was pointed out to me that I could use the third output on my Audio six to send audio from the Sample Decks to my mixer. Ok, good, I didn't think of that for reason, now I know.

So... I go and look in Traktor (I bought the Traktor Scratch Duo 2) annnnnd... I can't find out how to turn on the Sample Decks. According to the documentation, only Traktor LE 2 has this disabled (unless I misunderstood it), so I should have this option, right?

I decided to just check out youtube and see what obvious button I was missing. I see that in Traktor -> Preferences -> Decks, you can toggle decks C/D

And then I realize my preferences pane doesn't have this option.

So I guess I'm looking for clarification. Does Traktor Scratch Duo 2 have sample decks? If so, what completely obvious piece of information am I missing?

So to check what version of traktor you are running, launch it click on the icon.

Also you could try the deck layout options which should be in a drop down in the top right corner next to the preferences.

Do you have a 2 deck and sample deck option there?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

It's Traktor Duo, you only got two decks, no space for a sample deck there. Don't know if you could change one of your 2 track decks to a sample deck, but that wouldn't really make a lot of sense anyways...
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

I just googled it. The only way to set up sample decks in duo is to use the set up wizard in the help.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?p=889552
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    I just googled it. The only way to set up sample decks in duo is to use the set up wizard in the help.

This
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post

Ding ding ding! This worked. Thanks a lot dude. I looked on Google, too, but I guess in my frustration I overlooked that link. I really appreciate it.