help w/ picking out a cheap setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post
    yeah the pitch fader is important, since i will lower the pitch then slowly rise it when beatmatching. so thanks for letting me know its precise
    personally i used to go slightly mad with the pitchfader for a few seconds (sometimes quite a few seconds i was never all that fast) until i got it in sync - no clue what u mean there.

that was with tt's tho - so no button to press to cue from the start automatically again...

even if you were pressing the cue to drop the track, tweaking the pitch and then dropping the track again you'd still not be "moving it slowly" unless you wanted to take an age to beat match...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Maybe my music has less tempo variation but I always start in the middle and move slowly, getting slower.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

damn... i miss my 1200's now... i'm sure i used to have pretty crap technique but it usually got me there being a drummer used to help with 'hearing' the beats etc tho. always found it easier starting the tune too fast than too slow anyway - and dragging the outside of the platter - than the reverse.

for all the advantages of controllers etc there's still something extra about using vinyl... never mixed on cdj's but i cant see the appeal of them really except as its what seems to be used in clubs mostly these days...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Sorry but the CDJ200's are horrible. The club i used to play in had them as backup and we tried to use them for a 4deck mashup between two of us and ended up giving up after a few songs because the feel of them is just horrible,

In my time ive used 100s, 200s, 350s, 400s, 800mk2s, 1000mk2+3, and 900s, and the best value for money id say were the 400s, they are amazing little players and you can pick them up on ebay (along with a DJM400, another gem of a mixer) for chips. With that small setup you can do pretty much anything, and if you decide to go via the traktor route like a lot of others on this forum you can use them as midi controllers via the USB port on the back of them, can probably do this with VDJ as well, Or if youd like to go serato then the platters are good enough quality as well.
    ill look into the cdj400 to consider instead of the 200, i think the 400 got usb which would be great instead of burning cds ATM

i never heard or seen anyone with cdj350, is there a con or something with them
    Last edited by cutflow; 07-10-2011 at 09:33 AM.

I hear the response isn't great using them as a controller. + my traktor is expensive.

Better idea- Buy some usb sticks! the CDJ400s take usb sticks. Just throw on whatever tunes you want and have a play about with them

@zestoi - vinyl's banging enit I do actually kinda wanna try using some CDJs. All I use atm is timecode control so if CDJs turn out to be for me it'd be nice to ditch the laptop and just carry some CDs and headphones. Still I don't see how it could capture the same feel as with vinyl...
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

i love my 400's

HID, CD, USB....

....and the cool spinning light on the jogs wheels
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    @zestoi - vinyl's banging enit
    hell yes

I do actually kinda wanna try using some CDJs. All I use atm is timecode control so if CDJs turn out to be for me it'd be nice to ditch the laptop and just carry some CDs and headphones. Still I don't see how it could capture the same feel as with vinyl...
    i've only got TP2 and if i bought some decks again i might think about picking up serato - i like the idea of the waveforms being displayed vertically for one thing if i was mixing manually...

to me CDJ's just seem like a half way house between vinyl-awesomeness and controllerism-goodness without having enough of either.

having said that i wouldn't mind some

and...

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    ....and the cool spinning light on the jogs wheels
    there is that of course

Tech Mentor

what you guys think about the cdj350 ? vs cdj400 ?
    Last edited by cutflow; 07-10-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Tech Guru

350's are supposed to be the newer versions of the 350's. I think the only real difference is the use of rekorderbox. I looked at them and for the price difference didn't see a big advantage in getting them over 400's
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    350's are supposed to be the newer versions of the 350's. I think the only real difference is the use of rekorderbox. I looked at them and for the price difference didn't see a big advantage in getting them over 400's
    the reason i ask is because i saw a deal, 2x cdj350 for $600

i may consider getting those instead. which brings me back to the main concept of getting the cdj200, which is just for mixing/blending and recording my dj sets. price for 2x cdj350 is 10x better than cdj200

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast