help w/ picking out a cheap setup - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

If you have doubts about the 350's i just got them and I absolutely love them. I upgraded from the VCI-100 setup and you can check out my review that i posted in the gear review section of DJTT.

You won't regret them. At first i really wanted 400's but a found a good deal on rebate which you might want to consider. Check this out: (its also why i got the djm350 over xone 22 and have grown to love the record feature which ur interested in)

http://pioneerdjusa.com/happening.aspx
    My Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djmogal Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/dj.mogal Equipment: 2011 MBP 13"/ CDJ 350s/ DJM 350/ V-Moda CrossFade LP/ Traktor Pro

I'll chime in here, while I don't have extensive CDJ experience by any means, the PLATTER on the CDJ-400's and CDJ-350's are very different. I personally prefer the CDJ-400 platter over the 350. The 400 also has the light up ring on the platter, which is a nice touch IMO.

If you have a chance to try them out, they do /feel/ very different. Just something to think about.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    I'll chime in here, while I don't have extensive CDJ experience by any means, the PLATTER on the CDJ-400's and CDJ-350's are very different. I personally prefer the CDJ-400 platter over the 350. The 400 also has the light up ring on the platter, which is a nice touch IMO.

If you have a chance to try them out, they do /feel/ very different. Just something to think about.
    +1

I'll agree to this. The beatgrid display on the CDJ-350 is not an adequate replacement to the light up ring if you're into scratching. But when i tested this out i found i liked the 350 jogs more, especially how its risen so its easier to pitch bend. But it isn't as sexy as the 400's light up (I do however think the 350's are sexier)

You should definitely try them both out though.
    My Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/djmogal Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/dj.mogal Equipment: 2011 MBP 13"/ CDJ 350s/ DJM 350/ V-Moda CrossFade LP/ Traktor Pro

IMPORTANT NOTE: Rekordbox on CDJ 350s and 850s is bullshit. You do not get the system link or basically any of the nice features shown in the video with the 2000s linked earlier - you need 2000s or 900s for that. On the 350 and 850 it's basically like the denon music manager software: only waveforms, cuepoints, and BPM.

Who cares? Just use USB sticks with tunes. The software still isn't good enough to warrant using the laptop at all.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post
    i like the last sentence. in the future i will also like to get into vinyls just scared of how long it could take for me to get really good with it, imagin counting bars in ur brain at all time, i think its scary just thinking about it. with cdjs im going to use loops to make transitions/blend, something i wont be able to do with vinyls alone so memorizing the bars of a track with vinyl wud be a lot more work but should be fun =x
    LOL, I would suggest learning how to DJ and trying different equipment before you drop close to a grand on equipment. Nobody constantly counts bars in their head.

What if you have to bring your equipment to a gig? That's a lot of crap, trust me. There's very good reasons controllers were invented. What if you have to do requests? Pretty hard to do with CDs. You know every time you get new music, you have to download it, organize it, burn the CD and label it? That's time that could be spent practicing your swing flare or macking on pretty women.
    But if you're going to ignore all that and use CDs, try the higher end CDJs and compare them to the low end ones. If you want vinyl eventually, just get it now, it's really fun.

I dunno though, how do those dnb DJ always manage to pull off double drops with vinyl? I know I happen to know one but that's easy because I just remember where to start the other song as the vocals come in the first track then.

If I had to learn it for a bunch of generic jump up where phrases all sounds the same I'm not sure how I'd do it other than write it all down and then count along.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456