TPro 2 forcing me to the 2nd beat for some reason...

Default TPro 2 forcing me to the 2nd beat for some reason...

So yeah another tpro 2 thread, (I searched I promise) so my problems (which are myriad, but I'll stick to the one) are when I load a track when I start to play the track it forces me to play from the 2nd beat, not the first one (where I pushed play from) if I try to set a loop or put a cue point at the first beat it places them on the second beat...any Ideas as to why...I just got my s4 and I do like it, but I really am not liking tpro 2, I am probably going to use my s4 on tpro 1.2.6 and just map my s4 like I want to...anyone have a good tsi for the s4 for tpro 1? thanks in advance
    Mike
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

i have this sometimes. i go just in front of the first beat and hit cue. sometimes i have to do it multiple times till it works, but since i grid and hotcue every track before playing it out, i dont have this problem in a live situation - just when gridding the track.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

but these tracks were all imported from my tpro 1, all have beat grids previously set...so why would it still be doing it, is it some sort of setting I could change? I wonder. also is there a way to get the full track waveform (I don't know what it's called, the little waveform that shows where your cue points are in the song) to have the minute markers back and to be able to scroll my mouse through it and see how many bars to where my mouse is?

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

is the grid on the first or second beat? or another place? were the grids locked?

go into preferences --> decks --> miscellanous --> show minute markers

track must be playing to be able to see with our mouse how many bars there are to the next cue
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook

right on, thanks for the info weltrampapst...i wish there was a way to use my mouse to check how far out certain things are in the song, but oh well, I'm hopeful that they will add it in an update as it's a big part of my workflow any Idea if I could use my s4 in tpro 1?

Do you have the track syncd? Sometimes when you have a track that isnt gridded correctly or tpro just finds it weird it will jump to the beat it thinks makes sense well the track is in sync with the other deck.

Only way around this is to either grid your track correctly or just unsync the track and set it to the correct bpm and just mix it in manually without the auto sync help.
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    right on, thanks for the info weltrampapst...i wish there was a way to use my mouse to check how far out certain things are in the song, but oh well, I'm hopeful that they will add it in an update as it's a big part of my workflow any Idea if I could use my s4 in tpro 1?
    no problem.

i dont work with the mouse but with 'beat to cue' showing in my deck header. a bit different, but helps.
    soundcloud
    facebook