OT - Looking to buy a refurb mac book
    Tech Mentor

Default OT - Looking to buy a refurb mac book

I know iv seen it posted here before in one of the many threads that say "im gonna buy a mac what should i get?". that's not what im asking for.

iv seen folks on here list urls to company's that specialize is refurbished mac books costing around 500-700 bux. can anyone point me in the right direction of a good reputable company?

thanks guys.
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

Have you looked in the Refurb Mac store on the Apple site?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Not sure you'll ever find refurb for that little. I think Craigslist may be what you're looking for.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...mco=OTY2ODY3Nw
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    Have you looked in the Refurb Mac store on the Apple site?
    yeah price was around $859.

Im thinking more like a 3 year old macbook kind of range but refurbished and tested.

Craigslist is an option but ideal. if that makes sense.

In other words this is for one of my clients, im in IT. and there kid wants a mac and has about 600 bux to spend. and i swear i saw somthing in this forum about a company that does refurbs for around 600. I swear i cant be making it up i know i even opened the link and checked it out, however this was like 4 back. IDK any help is appreciated guys, thank you.
    Acer 1803T - Abelton Live 8 - Audio 2 DJ - Korg Micro X - M-Audio USB - KRK Rockit Monitors - Dell Xeon Desktop - Sony MDR headphones - Fruity loops - Acid Pro - Sound Forge

Tech Mentor

I've had two second hand macbooks so far. Both off ebay and both have been really good, much better than what I expected.
    My first one (unfortunately it got stolen) cost me £250 and I upgraded the ram to 4gb for another £50 ran perfectly, and my second one which I just got cost me £200 and is actually better in terms of specs. Both of them run really well.
    Would defiantly recommend checking out ebay.

Tech Mentor

I'd recommend Small Dog, but most of the reputable refurb shops aren't very affordable.

Gotta be lucky OP. I was obsessed with ebay and craigslist for 2 weeks till I found an actual deal. I payed $530 for an 08 MacBook with 2.4ghz(c2d) and 2gb of RAM. The listing wasnt up for more then 30mins when I found it.

GL... and a tip is to make sure you get a LATE 08 or newer model if you're looking to go second hand... Early 08 MacBooks can not be upgraded past 2gb or RAM
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

amidoinitrite

I have a 08 macbook..
    4GB ram, 500GB, 2.4ghz
    needs a new keyboard.. put in the new harddrive a few months ago.
    works great! I just bought a new MBP so I dont need it anymore

I love mine... Gonna do RAM upgrade sooner or later. I have NO problems with it now so ehhhh.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________