VCI-100 firmware upgrade cable/program
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default VCI-100 firmware upgrade cable/program

Someone on Native Instrument's forum has an upgrade firmware kit from Vestax and has published in details how to build an upgrade cable and what software you can use to upgrade:

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/foru...ad.php?t=65989

It would be great if it will be possible to buy that cable and update a standard VCI-100 (1.0 or 1.2) to Ean's firmware versione (1.3)...

Ean, Could you provide that cable on your shop? Please.... It would be an alternative to the cross platform connector software...

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Awesome have been waiting for this!
    Could you supply the special firmware file Ean?
    I read through the datasheet extensivley for the micro that the VCI uses and there is no support for downloading code of the VCI save for really dangerous warranty voiding hacks

could it be a future possibility to send our units (1.0 & 1.2) to the new SF shop to have it upgraded by you to 1.3 for a fee?

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Just read your post on the NI forum Ean. Looking forwards to upgrading mine

If you where interested in making up a reasonable quantity of upgrade cables i believe it could be done for around 10 USD a piece. Possibly less if sold as a DIY kit, any body who had access to a soldering iron could put this together in 10 min if they had the PCB made for them.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    If you where interested in making up a reasonable quantity of upgrade cables i believe it could be done for around 10 USD a piece. Possibly less if sold as a DIY kit, any body who had access to a soldering iron could put this together in 10 min if they had the PCB made for them.
    Yes! Upgrade cable + firmware + plates on the store, please!

Tech Wizard

might as well go all out and put together a kit of black faders and knobs and i'm all in...

wait..and you can stock arcade buttons too... i'm so for it. one stop mod shop.

These are all great ideas- I will get on it right away. If I could get a set of cables into everyones hands that would be epic!

Hells yes, firmware update cables for the masses !

I need some enlightenment. What possibilities would having my own firmware cable open up? I get that I would be able to update to the EG SE firmware, but what is it that the firmware v.1.3. does? Why isn't it only a .tks that is needed to give the complete functionality?
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    Why isn't it only a .tks that is needed to give the complete functionality?
    It's not possible because in the SE edition some keys/knobs send multiple notes. In a standard VCI, every key/knob sends only one MIDI note.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast