Another "hows my logo?" thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Another "hows my logo?" thread

It's late, I've looked through 1000s of fonts and relearned photoshop instead of going out. Need some input. What do you think, to cheesy? I want a creative classy and clean look.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by DJ SB; 07-13-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Looks really good. Like the use of a lighter grey in the background, but you may want to check what it looks like on a white background, as you will not always be able to use it on the ideal background. Maybe the same logo, but with the teal replaced with black would look good on white.

Aside from that it's pretty damn sexy. I would try a cut with the DJ not having the tilt and another cut with the DJ as big as the SB, in case you ever get a small mention and hte "DJ" is hard to read.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Thanks man! I was def planning on creating a version for a white background for flyers and such. Before I make font color adjustments (will be like first), what do you think of this rough with the "DJ" bigger and not tilted?

Alright here's the latest, in light and dark backgrounds.

Last edited by DJ SB; 07-14-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Looks nice. I like the one with the white background. How easy is it to make one of these? I was hoping to work on a logo but I don't know a thing about photo software.
    Pioneer CDJ-350 (x2)
    Pioneer DJM-350
    KRK Rokit5 G2

As much as it annoys me the slanted one looks better (bit of a symmetry nut since I do web-design). Good choice on using black on the outer lines of the white background logo. The only other things that come to mind are that you could make the inner most ring on the bottom half of the B on the white background black too (to match the upper half and the outer ring) and you could scale the curve in the bottom of the j up a bit (it might be hard to tell if it's a j at smaller sizes, although that doesn't seem to be much of a problem).

I'm in the middle of making my logo, hope it turns out as nice as this!

Edit: The curve in the j isn't a problem at all... Although it might be worth trying for comparison sake.

love the white background one! but the "DJ" part just stands out a little too much for me.... i dont know if you should make it smaller, or not slanted, or just get rid of the DJ part all together. the colors are nice thou

EDIT: didnt look at the others hard enough! saw that it was smaller, and you tried it not slanted haha but maybe haveing the DJ in the same font might look good.. i dunno
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgeo0 View Post
    love the white background one! but the "DJ" part just stands out a little too much for me.... i dont know if you should make it smaller, or not slanted, or just get rid of the DJ part all together. the colors are nice thou
    Well if your marketing yourself as a DJ you sort of want it to stand out... Mostly because "SB" has no context at all. If he's selling himself as a producer I would consider this though O_O

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    Well if your marketing yourself as a DJ you sort of want it to stand out... Mostly because "SB" has no context at all. If he's selling himself as a producer I would consider this though O_O
    ya that makes sense, but i still kinda feel if it was all the same font (maybe seperate colors?) it would flow better. but you seem like you know what your talking about more than i do haha
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    The only other things that come to mind are that you could make the inner most ring on the bottom half of the B on the white background black too (to match the upper half and the outer ring) and you could scale the curve in the bottom of the j up a bit (it might be hard to tell if it's a j at smaller sizes, although that doesn't seem to be much of a problem).

Edit: The curve in the j isn't a problem at all... Although it might be worth trying for comparison sake.
    I missed that in my sleepy state! Fixed above, thank you! I also extended the J but it looks better as is because of spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Savage View Post
    How easy is it to make one of these? I was hoping to work on a logo but I don't know a thing about photo software.
    I guess it might take an afternoon to learn the basics of photoshop. There are tons of tutorials online. I spent the most time searching for fonts actually, dafont.com is nice because you can preview custom text in 50 free fonts per page. I think I looked at over 5,000 fonts. Once you have the basic photoshop skills, its just vision and creativity. I am certainly no expert.
    Last edited by DJ SB; 07-14-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast