I'm lost with which version to start?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default I'm lost with which version to start?

Hi,
    I just got a VCI-100 and was anxious to try the TT TSI, but I tried the sticky 1.4 but seems the fx are not correct or what should the order be something because it is not the same as the video.
    I am lost of where to begin with all these versions around and where is the latest video tutorial that explains how to use them?
    I mean the 1.4.20 I downloaded is not working same as the video on You Tube.
    I tried holding the FX buttons and move the platters, but nothing is turning the Beatmasher On.
    Maybe once I understand this and like, I was thinking of getting a face plate.
    Also, why is there no way to navigate outside of the current selected play list?
    I also noticed if I hit effect parameter 4 it turns the headphone cue on??
    I also dialed the fader fx dial as shown on the video and no light led shows up to tell me it is on..
    Any ideas?

I have a 1.2 VCI-100

Thanks
    Last edited by claudek; 02-15-2009 at 05:41 PM.

I'm facing the same kind of problem
    I bought traktor pro last week and i uploaded tsi file 1.6 (I was using djay before, I had already blown my budget by bying a vci-100 SE, a macbook and a soundcard, plus I was frustrated by th le edition of traktor)

The effects do not work either. Maybe I'm missing something in order to activate them. I watched the videos (the one about fader fx theory amongst others) but i'm a total noob!
    La Jåponaise M. Aka Guerrilla Stoemp
    http://guerrilla-stoemp.blogspot.com
    Traktor Setup:2x Traktor Kontrol X1+Audio8 DJ+Reloop RMX 40 Blackfire Edition + Macbook Black+Traktor Pro 2
    Itch setup: Novation Twitch

I think the videoas and firmware upgrade stuff should have its own official well organised section. Maybe its me being a bit stupid and maybe overlooking something but i think for someone who's just come to this now and hasnt followed this since the early says its pretty hard to know whats happening as there is a lot of vids all over the place all adding onto previous vids.

I thinl this could possibly be all organised a little better with its own Official DJTT Mapping History page insted of it all being in threads in forums.

My Two Penneth

Gav

Tech Guru

I have just jumped on and feel everything is working but the effects are weird and not very consistant with the tuturial video. I viewed both videos and they say they have changed since the current version..So what is that?
    The fader fx work sometimes and the Beatmasher turns on sometimes when the fx button is engaged.
    I then see 1.6 beta and I asuume this is for 1.3.
    So, I am lost and ready to modify this my way. I thought it would be easy to just turn this VCI-100 on and start dj'ing again, but as it is, it is not so easy.
    Mainly the effects are confusing.
    Also the navigation seems to only move up and down and load but no way to jump to the tree list.
    I would appreciate some help here or some official reply from Ean.
    I also think a page dedicated to downloads and version hsistory, videos to each, would be so much better. As it is now, it is a mess I think.

I think the problem is the fact that you have a 1.2 as even though they state that the new mappings will work with 1.2 if you read the thread aout it it states that certain things will not work.

This is why i'm hoping FW kits will be in stock when i get my vci eventually

Tech Guru

I was thinking of upgrading but I think I will wait for 1.4 and 14 bit midi.
    I see no point to change now or am I wrong?

I think it would iron out your issues you have at the mo. The firmware is free its just the kit you have to buy and that can then be used over and over again over and over everytime a new firmware upgrade is released.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoleyMole View Post
    I think it would iron out your issues you have at the mo. The firmware is free its just the kit you have to buy and that can then be used over and over again over and over everytime a new firmware upgrade is released.
    Yes, good point there. I wonder if I buy a new VCI-100 from TT with the update, they send with it a kit with it to update in the future?

should I wait as well?

It is quite frustrating.....
    La Jåponaise M. Aka Guerrilla Stoemp
    http://guerrilla-stoemp.blogspot.com
    Traktor Setup:2x Traktor Kontrol X1+Audio8 DJ+Reloop RMX 40 Blackfire Edition + Macbook Black+Traktor Pro 2
    Itch setup: Novation Twitch

Well i think you have to wait atthe mo anyway as the FW kits still arent available unfortunately. Once they are out i would get one though even if your not planning on upgrading just yet. You will kick yourself if you dont get one and then they are out of stock again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast