Zomo MC1000 + DDM4000

Default Zomo MC1000 + DDM4000

Hi to all! im a new dnb producer. I produce music since couple of months and before of this i've just played with some old Gemini cd400 mixing some dnb track (just for fun).

I wanna start to mix with Traktor and i need some hardware to do so.

After thought about vci-100+s-card or vms4 for 299€ on online store, i faced a new solution, more expensive, and i want to have some feedback from you:

Zomo MC1000 + DDM4000 (600€ total)

Now i have some noob question:

1. with ddm4000 do i need a soundcard for controllers that are without?
    (ddm4000+X1 works?)

2. There are obviously some cool alternatives as all-in-one in this price range, like the Reloop digital jockey 2 or some Vestax, maybe a denon second hand.
    BUT my question is: the quality of the mixer in this all-in-one is comparable to the quality of a ddm4000 mixer?

3. in the vms4 there is a 4channel analog mixer, but i want to know, which pros/cons there are with an analog device where the input source is obviously digital (traktor)? i mean, do i have some benefit?

4. vms4 bundled w/virtualDJ is a good controller, but i seen lot of mac user struggled a lot re-mapping the controller for traktor. Is now easier after the vms4-traktor edition release? Or is still so painfull run vms4 on traktor (4decks mode)

Now why i think this set is a good starting point for me:

a. I can upgrade - differently from a all-in-one i can change the mixer or the controller if im not satisfied with. I can plug other devices, i can use this hardware in a lot more ways - and if i wanna play in some friends home, little bars, or gigs in the future i can just bring the Zomo MC1000.

b. I guess but not sure that a dedicated mixer is usually better than all-in-one mixers.

c. i dont need any soundcard, and i have 4 decks controls with the ZOmo MC-1000.

d. maybe n/i X1 * 2+ddm4000 can be better, but is more expensive (340€+a 150€ soundcard), i'd like to know which benefit i can have in terms of performance with the second solution.

e. most of all, looks pretty SEXY

--> feedback please and suggestion on how to spend this money in the best way. DO you think an all-in-one controller is still the best option? if yes, which? Do you suggest another mixer for 299€? or another controller for 299€?

thanks a lot. zion

Tech Guru

1. You still need a soundcard. The DDM4000 DOES NOT have a soundcard, the X1 DOES NOT have a soundcard. Yes, the ZOMO HAS a soundcard.
    2. The only complaint I ever had of the DDM4000 was that the knobs felt a little cheap compared to a Numark Stealth I used to own.

3. As a personal preference, I like having the headroom available that many analog mixers provide. Like I said, Personal preference.

4. I don't know.

Setups that you buy in different pieces allow you to have enough time to save up for the best parts you can, instead of buying an all-in-one that is just ok.

If you buy the DDM4000 and 1/2 * X1, you STILL need a soundcard for 4 channel mixing.
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Guru

Honestly, I started with the DDM4000 as my first 4-channel mixer and I loved it. The complaint I had about the mixing potentiometers was not too important considering I was still learning and didn't have much money.

The DDM4000 has MANY MANY MANY Midi capabilities that you can assign to Traktor controls.

Just buy the DDM4000 first and a SOUNDCARD. Then LATER, you will have a better idea of what MIDI controls you actually NEED/Want.

did anyone think about replacing the knobs with new ones? (sure it requires getting into it and possible soldering but should be better)
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Asand View Post
    Honestly, I started with the DDM4000 as my first 4-channel mixer and I loved it. The complaint I had about the mixing potentiometers was not too important considering I was still learning and didn't have much money.

The DDM4000 has MANY MANY MANY Midi capabilities that you can assign to Traktor controls.

Just buy the DDM4000 first and a SOUNDCARD. Then LATER, you will have a better idea of what MIDI controls you actually NEED/Want.
    and how i mix with traktor? i need to use the mouse and thats not confortable at all.

I read lot of nice review about ddm4000, and also about zomo mc1000.
    I guess that for 299e a 4 deck midi controller witha good built in souncard is worth all the cents.

Thanks to all for the replyes

Tech Guru

mix with traktor??? no...
    You have the Zomo and the DDM4000 to mix. are you asking how to beatmatch?..

I dont think you want to beatmatch all 4 decks, unless you're able to do it.
    Sync button.

The only way to use your Gemini CD400 is to buy Traktor SCRATCH Pro, so you need a Native Instruments audio interface and can't use the ZOMO...

Tech Wizard

I ordered the Zomo controller, too... 299 for a 4 deck controller with a included soundcard is a good price.
    Traktor Scratch Pro costs alone about 550, and then u have to go with a mouse, thats really not confortable. I was thinking about that too... but it won t be a "fun" setup ;-)
    Also did you know that the Virtual DJ software will be included?
    The software is great, can t wait to have it at home... , i played a lil bit with it at my friends house... and its great!!! I like the effects and that you can even mix videos