Logic vs Ableton - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yup Logic can use Massive im pretty sure - still doesnt change the fact that Massive is massive though hehe

Concur!

Mann... was recording mad Massive automations by using the trusty BCR Friday, w000000t!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    If you ask me all the DAW's are basicly all the same thing wrapped up with different workflows, for the most part they are all capable of achieving the same sounds. Find one that you like the work flow of and dont worry about the whole "sound quality" thing because thats just a load of crap, all the DAW's sound quality is all pretty much the same.

Id suggest Ableton because at the same time your learning to produce you will be learning an enviroment you can use on the stage too - killing 2 birds with one stone is quite nice

Down the track you could give logic a go, its a mac only product so i havent tried it personally.
    I agree 100%. A friend of mine uses Fruity Loops and the stuff he produces is pretty awesome. It doesn't matter on the software but how well you know the software.

I'm learning to use Ableton because I can end up DJing and producing with it. It'll save some time from having to learn two new sets of software.

But to answer your question, Ableton but only because I've never used Logic before.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Loay View Post
    I agree 100%. A friend of mine uses Fruity Loops and the stuff he produces is pretty awesome. It doesn't matter on the software but how well you know the software.

I used to use fruity loops <3 that proggy, its only problem for me was that the entire effects section is run on a single thread so you can max out one of your cpus and start to get audio clipping if you go too hardcore

Ableton has a multithreaded effects section which is a nice touch - but i prefer FL's interface for production.

Tech Mentor

I never had a chance to learn FL Studios. I only had EEE PCs back then and they didn't work too well with it. Then I switched to mac and just started learning with ableton. Oh another reason why Ableton may be better, the APC 40. I got mine on pre order =D

Thanks a lot for all the replies guys,

You've pretty much sold me on Ableton.

I was thinking about buying an iMac and Logic but now I think I'll buy a new PC laptop instead and upgrade to the full version of Live.

I've spotted a cracking wee laptop with a 2.6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4GB of ram for a bargain price. Should take care of all my Traktor and Ableton needs for the foreseeable future......

Roll on payday....

Tech Wizard

I've been learning Logic Pro at college, and it is huge. Our tutor has been using it from the day it was released and he admits he hasn't even used every aspect of it yet.
    That said, I have used Cubase before, and would reccomend logic over cubase any day.

If you are looking at pc software - give Cakewalk Sonar a try

BTW do pc's need 4gb of RAM, I didn't even think windows could use that amount yet?
    Current Top 3:
    1. Loco Dice - Seeing through Shadows
    2. Light Year - Sex Education
    3. Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions (DJ Pierre Remix)

Quote Originally Posted by darrel855
    Try pickin up Massive and or FM8 and you'll be set with a killer set up .
    Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    <3 Massive *drooling*
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Yeah, did some "massive" damage while hitting up bassfrequencies in Massive.

Yeah, Massive sounds great. It's one of the many things on my "to buy" list.

Another quality soft synth I found out about recently is the Sylenth 1.

Don't know if you guys have heard of it or use it?

You can check it out here if you haven't.

http://www.lennardigital.com/modules/home/

Hey Liam, that just depends if your using a 32 bits OS or not.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by liam.h View Post
    I've been learning Logic Pro at college, and it is huge. Our tutor has been using it from the day it was released and he admits he hasn't even used every aspect of it yet.
    That said, I have used Cubase before, and would reccomend logic over cubase any day.

If you are looking at pc software - give Cakewalk Sonar a try

BTW do pc's need 4gb of RAM, I didn't even think windows could use that amount yet?
    Thanks for the advice. I've never really looked at Sonar before. Might do a wee bit of research on it....

You can never have too much RAM, mate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast