nanoKONTROL & nanoPAD - Traktor Pro 1.27 - using both at the same time

Default nanoKONTROL & nanoPAD - Traktor Pro 1.27 - using both at the same time

Hey sorry for reposting this thread but fristly I made it in wrong section, I'm new to this forum, so I apologize if it is a stupid question. Is it possible to use Korg nanoPAD, and nanoKONTROL with Traktor Pro? I want to control cuepoints with nanoPAD and filters, play/stop, gain itd. with nanoKONTROL. I use mappings from this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_0dfP-PclE
    Mappings download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1130745/You%20Tube/Mappings.zip

Using one controler is uncomfortable for me, because nanos are so small and I have to switch scenes all the time. Please, help me to use both.

Advance thanks!

Tech Student

As far as I know, you can connect as many midi devices via USB as you want, and use them all at the same time. (Use an USB hub if you don't have enough sockets.) The only thing to be careful about, is midi signal conflicts. You have to make sure that the different devices actually send out different codes.

Now a midi device can send out different kinds of code: notes (pads, keyboards: to play a note), controller commands (CC) (knobs and buttons: to change settings) and program change (PC) (to change between instrument presets, but Traktor doesn't handle PC events).

What you have to be aware of is that they have to either use a different midi channel (there's 16 of them, typically you use 1 channel per instrument), or, if you use the same channel, that they use a different notes, and different control command codes.

If you find you have such a conflict, you'll have to change the settings of one of the Nano instruments, and then adjust the midi mappings in Traktor to match that change.

See this post to see how you can change the settings of the Nano instruments.